Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Enhanced Engine Noise

Reactions
has anyone tried to disable that awful engine noise in the cabin? i’m at a dealer now picking up my tags, so i asked if they can turn it off.. only to install a complete turbo back exhaust when it becomes available

will report back with updates

Reactions
No but mine has gone off occasionally when I’m in Sport mode and then comes back on without me changing anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Looks like you have to edit the Audio Control Module configuration to turn it off. This guy did it on a F-150.

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
they couldn’t figure it out.. wtf.. they have some new system, ids or something.. they say the vehicle and software is so new that they haven’t learned how to do anything like that yet.. there’s nothing out there specific for this vehicle yet.. it’s getting annoying.. no intake, no downpipe, tuners are few and far between

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
anybody had any luck in this department?

Reactions
I'm waiting for crutchfield to get interested in this, I'm down the street from corporate. They wont do any work until there is more data.

Reactions
I'd like to see a forscan disable for this as well...

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
apparently it’s easy through ford ids tool.. under ENE or something.. my dealer couldn’t figure it out.. i now have straight pipes from the cat back so i no longer hear the artificial noise anyway.

Reactions
So technically once you disable the engine sound, adding a subwoofer is as simple as tying into that line going to the baby one in back... right?

F=MA

Reactions
I disabled it by installing a Borla S-type exhaust system. Haven't heard it since.