Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Engineering Test Mode

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Can anyone tell me how to enter into the Engineering Test Mode? I've searched all over and haven't found a way to do it.

Reactions
Press and hold the OK button (on right side of steering wheel buttons) and then press the ignition button.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
You have to start it and let it run.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Here ya go:

1. Start with the engine off, close the door,
wait 30+ seconds until all dash lights,
interior lights, and exterior lights are off.

2. Press and hold OK Button on the steering wheel and don't release it yet.

3. Push Start Button only (no brake pedal) to
turn on Accessory Mode.

4. Once the message "Full Accessory Power Active" appears, release the OK button, then quickly press the brake pedal and turn the engine on.

5. Engineering Test Mode appears instantly.

Explorer22ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
What is the Engineering Test Mode utilized for?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I use it to set the bias of the Average Fuel Economy, making the computer not lie about mileage (it's surprisingly dead-on for three tanks now). On my Mustang, I changed the ambient color scheme for the instruments. There are other settings you can adjust.

Reactions
Here ya go:

1. Start with the engine off, close the door,
wait 30+ seconds until all dash lights,
interior lights, and exterior lights are off.

2. Press and hold OK Button on the steering wheel and don't release it yet.

3. Push Start Button only (no brake pedal) to
turn on Accessory Mode.

4. Once the message "Full Accessory Power Active" appears, release the OK button, then quickly press the brake pedal and turn the engine on.

5. Engineering Test Mode appears instantly.
I tried this method and couldn't get it to work for me at all, and I tried a few times. If anyone was walking by I'm sure I looked like an idiot starting and stopping my vehicle in my garage LOL.

Here is what worked for me and the vehicle did not need to be running either (but it can be running, I tested both ways):

1. Start with the engine off, close the door, wait 30+ seconds until all dash lights, interior lights, and exterior lights are off.

2. Press and hold 'OK' Button on the steering wheel (right side) and don't release it yet.

3. Push Start Button only (no brake pedal) to turn on Accessory Mode, continue to hold 'OK' until Engineering Test Mode is displayed on the right of the cluster.

4. Once done hit the "Back" button to exit or shut the vehicle off.