Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Engine/trans limits?

Reactions
So it looks like some people/companies are starting to put some power into these trucks, and I am wondering if anyone has started breaking parts yet, and why.

I have built and raced a lot of cars/sportbikes, and during development we always pushed until something broke, then we would make what broke stronger, and then just keep going.

Last edited:
OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Wow, nothing?

Brian

Reactions
We have over 300 Draggy runs and 50 track launches on our st with 21k miles and clutches finally let go in transmission getting built now. We are 550 plus hp 550 plus tq on e85.

OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
We have over 300 Draggy runs and 50 track launches on our st with 21k miles and clutches finally let go in transmission getting built now. We are 550 plus hp 550 plus tq on e85.
Do you have a shop?

What mods are done?

Brian

Reactions
Palm beach dyno and rare fab do my work. I have hpfp intercooler running e85. More coming now. Down pipe were just put on and injectors.

Reactions
That's promising then.

Sounds like a 93 tune that isn't being tracked or launched is well within the limits of the stock transmission

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Nomad

Reactions
What are the options for upgrading the tranny?

OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Not sure if there are any yet...

Brian

Reactions
Ray bestos is in the process of getting steels and clutches for this I’m hoping to have them in the next couple weeks