Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Electric Brake Controller Connector

cewhite3

Reactions
I have been led to believe there is a connector under the dash to allow an aftermarket electric brake controller to be connected to my 2020 Explorer ST. I can't find it. Has anyone connected a brake controller to a 2020 Ford ST?

Thanks.

Reactions
YES! Have your dealer do it. Took them less than 10 min to connect mine. CAUTION: The folks I got my trailer from spent 3 hours trying to connect a 2019 Explorer and almost cracked the dash. Then they called a Ford guy who fished it out in 5 minutes.

Bubba281

Reactions
PajamaGuy, Is there anyway you can share pictures with us?

Was the mechanic at the ford dealer able to use a plug n play harness or did he/she splice into a wiring harness?

Is there any way you can help us out by sharing a picture of the connection?

What brake controller are you using? Where did you mount it?

Regards

Reactions
Tekonsha 90195 P3 Electronic Brake Control and

Tekonsha 3035-P Brake Control Wiring Adapter for Ford

Amazon NOW pops up a box that says the adapter harness WON'T fit. It did.

There is a plug for it behind the dash - but read my first message.

Guys, I'll take a pic, but I didn't watch. When I picked the car up I handed my sales guy the harness. By the time the paperwork was done, it was installed and hung out of the tunnel about shin high. I mounted the unit above my right leg. I'll take a pic tomorrow.

Reactions
Here's 2 pics. I pulled the wire down so you can see how much slack there is. I tried, but could not feel the connector plug.
(She's getting detailed tomorrow - driveway has mud)
20200209_121531.jpg 20200209_121645.jpg

earworm

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Apparently the 2022 doesn't have the plug, can anyone confirm this? I looked and don't see it and Curt said their pigtail adapter for the 2020 isn't compatible with 2021 and up