Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Eibach vs h&r springs

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
So I have h&r on my 2014 sho and been happy. But I am disabled and Need i little help into my ST. Yes that 1 to 1.6 inch will allow me to get in comforterably. Which springs do you recommend? I only tow once in great while a 4 wheeler. Most will be a platform hitch that helps hold containers up north. Thanks for you help and input.

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
I don't think you can go wrong with Eibach or H&R. I've run Eibach previously and plan to get them again.

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I have the eibach set on my 23 and to me the ride is better than stock and it looks killer, not to mention the eibachs are one of the cheaper set of springs whereas the H&R is the most expensive. My wife is short and she had a hard time getting in until I put the springs in and now she can get in with ease.

20240609_111220.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I went with Eibach. Slight rake. No complaints on drivability.

Attachments

OP
D
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Anyone have good sites to get parts from for our ST's?

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
So I have h&r on my 2014 sho and been happy. But I am disabled and Need i little help into my ST. Yes that 1 to 1.6 inch will allow me to get in comforterably. Which springs do you recommend? I only tow once in great while a 4 wheeler. Most will be a platform hitch that helps hold containers up north. Thanks for you help and input.
Eibach will net largest drop of that is what you’re looking for. They’re both equally good products and I would get whatever is cheapest.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Anyone have good sites to get parts from for our ST's?
Houston Speed Freaks also is a great place to purchase from and helps out a fellow small business ST owner.

OP
D
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
Eibach will net largest drop of that is what you’re looking for. They’re both equally good products and I would get whatever is cheapest.
Actually h & r has biggest drop and tire rack has them on sale for 332 90. But I feel I am leaning towards eibach.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Actually h & r has biggest drop and tire rack has them on sale for 332 90. But I feel I am leaning towards eibach.
Really? I thought Eibachs had biggest drop after settling.

OP
D
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
Really? I thought Eibachs had biggest drop after settling.
Maybe they settle different then what say in description your saying??

Hr says Avg. low 1.6"F & 1.75"R.

Eibach says -1.3" Front I -1.6" Rear

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Maybe they settle different then what say in description your saying??

Hr says Avg. low 1.6"F & 1.75"R.

Eibach says -1.3" Front I -1.6" Rear
Yeah I thought they settled further than H&R but I might be wrong.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
They’re so close it really doesn’t matter.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
I went with H&R and have a buddy with the eibach - cant tell a difference imo. same size wheel/tire set up as well. basically identical

OP
D
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #15
They’re so close it really doesn’t matter.
Do you think I will have trouble with a 6 x 10 trailer with a 4 wheeler on it? It only be 2 or 3 times a year and only 10 or 20 miles at time. Thank you

Reactions
I have the eibach set on my 23 and to me the ride is better than stock and it looks killer, not to mention the eibachs are one of the cheaper set of springs whereas the H&R is the most expensive. My wife is short and she had a hard time getting in until I put the springs in and now she can get in with ease.

View attachment 23576
Would you mind giving us some measurements from axle center to edge of wheel molding? Thanks!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Do you think I will have trouble with a 6 x 10 trailer with a 4 wheeler on it? It only be 2 or 3 times a year and only 10 or 20 miles at time. Thank you
I know I’ve seen people tow with Eibachs and H&Rs and they have had no problems. Not sure the weight of the trailer though.