Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

E50 TUNES

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Hello,

Can I get some expert opinions here....

Does the EX-ST have a fuel system that will support E50 without issue?

When would larger injectors be needed and or a bigger fuel pump?

I have been running an E50 tune for some time but never got it on the dyno to see how it's flowing.

Thanks in advance for the insight.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I believe the fuel system will support up to E85 with out issue, but the tune will not, neither will the injectors or DI pump. E85 won't damage the pump or injectors, they just can't flow enough to supply the required volume of fuel needed to run E85. That's why most tuners won't write you an E85 tune until you upgrade the pump and injectors, E50 is about max output for the stock pump/injectors.

OP
ARC

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Thread Starter #3
I believe the fuel system will support up to E85 with out issue, but the tune will not, neither will the injectors or DI pump. E85 won't damage the pump or injectors, they just can't flow enough to supply the required volume of fuel needed to run E85. That's why most tuners won't write you an E85 tune until you upgrade the pump and injectors, E50 is about max output for the stock pump/injectors.
That was what I thought as well, as everyone seems to have the same opinion.
Thanks for the info.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just to flush this out a bit more, it depends on the airflow. For example on stock turbos, you can run e50 on the stock injector/pump. But were you to upgrade your turbo system significantly, you might not have enough fueling capacity. ZFG does have a tune for e85 stock, but it has to be dialed back and makes less HP than their e50 tune.