Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Dummy Device for On/Off starter

DMINLC

Reactions
Does anyone know where to get/buy the dummy device to disable the start/stop of the starter? This helps so that I don’t have to keep pushing the automatic start button.
was advised that someone may know here on the ST forum.
Thanks,
DM

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
There are a couple of $15 discount codes floating around on this forum too.

OK ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
If your are considering a tune, then wait. Most tuners disable the auto start/stop at no extra cost.

OP
D

DMINLC

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
If your are considering a tune, then wait. Most tuners disable the auto start/stop at no extra cost.
I heard about the tune, but didn’t hear anything on it disabling it. If that’s the case that may be a good option.
Any pros and cons about the tune? Also, if you do the tune, will it void any warranties? Don’t know much about it.
Thanks.
DM

OK ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I believe most with tunes will say all Pros and little to no Cons. Best to do some research on the forum regarding tunes and tuners that will fit your needs. I went with Gearhead https://www.ghtuning.com/ for both my 2020 F-150 and the 21 ST. I went with GH because of my research and what I was looking for. I wanted a tune that offered more power but maintained great drivability. These guys actually own the vehicles they tune and since they drive them daily understand what your looking for when you explain what you are looking for in a tune. My tune for the ST in not to eek every ounce of HP out of it but to gain power/torque where it can best be used and maintain good driving characteristics.

As for warranty, again do some research but law pretty much states that the manufacture would have to prove the tune directly caused the issue to void your warranty.