Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Dueling STs

FordMatt

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Want to formally introduce myself.

I purchased my wife a 2022 ST for mother's day this year, Carbonized Grey.

My company vehicle is a 2020. It will be coming off vehicle programs for me once my 22 F150 is built and delivered (also a company vehicle).

We were sad to see the explorer be replaced so we just got our own. It's been great to have both an early and a current production to see the differences side by side, there are a lot. Many are quite the nice improvement.

For now, were just enjoying our dueling STs.

PXL_20220512_105312056.jpg

Last edited:

KegsBdry

Reactions
Want to formally introduce myself.

I purchased my wife a 2022 ST for mother's day this year, Carbonized Grey.

My company vehicle is a 2020. It will be coming off vehicle programs for me once my 22 F150 is built and delivered (also a company vehicle).

We were sad to see the explorer be replaced so we just got our own. It's been great to have both an early and a current production to see the differences side by side, there are a lot. Many are quite the nice improvement.

For now, were just enjoying our dueling STs.

View attachment 12225
"It's been great to have both an early and a current production to see the differences side by side, there are a lot. Many are quite the nice improvement."

Do you have a list of those differences? Pictures help.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Welcome!

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard!

OP
F

FordMatt

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
"It's been great to have both an early and a current production to see the differences side by side, there are a lot. Many are quite the nice improvement."

Do you have a list of those differences? Pictures help.
I can probably work up a list one weekend and post it. What caught me off guard was some of the aesthetic changes made in just 2 years without an "official" refresh.

KegsBdry

Reactions
In 2020 versions, there was a lot of talk about problems with the lining up of the dashboard. I'm curious if they fixed all that.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum