Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

DTC P0299

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I am getting the code on heavy pulls. It means lack of boost. Has anyone been getting these? I do have a tune but, appears regardless of stock or tune.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Nope. What other mods do you have?

Last edited:
OP
ST PETE
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #3
Just running the Afe CAI. Thinking of bigger intercooler and charge pipe. Need to have the turbos checked for leaks.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Did the code start shortly after your afe install?

OP
ST PETE
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #5
I had the CAI installed shortly after I took delivery of the ST. I then got a tune from Monster and that is when it showed up. Even after going back to stock, the code appeared. I don't think the Monster tune has anything to do with the code but, it could because it requires more boost.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I am also running the Monster Tune.

In addition to the obvious turbo failure, an under boost code can be caused by a leaking charge pipe, clogged intake and sticking bpv. May be worth a quick double check of those too. Otherwise will need a more indepth diag for sure.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yeah, since it happens with a stock tune, definitely check your intake install. Many have had codes related to the install.

OP
ST PETE
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #8
If anybody cares about my boost lose, the charge pipe to the intercooler had come apart slightly which caused boost lose. After attaching, all good now. Pedal to the metal...