Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

DRL and auto lights

Mazie861

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ford explorer st line
Hello. Just got a ST-Line a few days ago and was trying to figure out the daytime running light settings i have them turned to off but during day light hours in the “auto headlight” mode the headlights stay on. I thought it should only be the parking lights until the car senses it dark and then turns parking lights into headlights

lmk
Thankyou

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Welcome, fortunately the settings for the headlights are same on the different trims. Depending on your environment the auto could still turn on during the day. Tunnels, overcast days, shade etc.

Really comes down to preference. Because of all the tunnels and bridges I drive through/under daily I just leave on auto.

OP
M

Mazie861

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Im
Welcome, fortunately the settings for the headlights are same on the different trims. Depending on your environment the auto could still turn on during the day. Tunnels, overcast days, shade etc.

Really comes down to preference. Because of all the tunnels and bridges I drive through/under daily I just leave on auto.

They are constantly staying on even in full sun light with DRL set to off

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
The running lights are staying on or the Headlights? You're not talking about the thin led strip on top thats also the turn signal are you?

OP
M

Mazie861

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
The running lights are staying on or the Headlights? You're not talking about the thin led strip on top thats also the turn signal are you?
yes the thin led strip ? Or does that only stay on with the parking light mode