Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Driver Seat Cold Draft

Wesfowler

Reactions
All,

I just purchased a 2021 Explorer ST and have had it for a few weeks now. I just recently noticed a freezing cold draft coming from under the seat. No, it is not the ventilated seats-I had the seat warmers on. Has anyone else experienced this?

Reactions
Haven't heard this before. Are you getting this cold draft while all the doors are closed and the seat heat on?

OP
W

Wesfowler

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Yes. It is as I’m driving down the road. All 4 doors closed- seat warmers on.

hbalek

Reactions
Yes. It is as I’m driving down the road. All 4 doors closed- seat warmers on.
Are your floor vents putting out warm air when the heat is on? By the way, you can fry bacon on those heated seats they are so hot!

OP
W

Wesfowler

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
You’re not kidding, even on the heated steering wheel. Floor vents are putting out warm air with heat on.

hbalek

Reactions
You’re not kidding, even on the heated steering wheel. Floor vents are putting out warm air with heat on.
You may want to check all the vents in the front and especially the rear HVAC system. Maybe one of them zones is messed up.

Dave G ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Most likely getting cold air from the rear temperature setting. Unless you have the pano roof open in vent mode and getting a down draft.