Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Downpipe Installation

F=MA

Reactions
Who would be the best bet to install 3" downpipes on my ST? I know I am not set up to do it so I was thinking letting the Ford dealer install them along with the Magnaflow exhaust. Any other thoughts?

Reactions
I think most exhaust shops would be equipped to do it. From talking to FenFab (who installed mine), you need to drop the subframe slightly, which supposedly gives direct access to the bolts. Making it easy to get on/off. All of this requires a lift, which most of us don't have in our garage. That being said, guys have done it in there driveways/ramps. A shop shouldnt charge you more than a few hours labor.

Reactions
I think most exhaust shops would be equipped to do it. From talking to FenFab (who installed mine), you need to drop the subframe slightly, which supposedly gives direct access to the bolts. Making it easy to get on/off. All of this requires a lift, which most of us don't have in our garage. That being said, guys have done it in there driveways/ramps. A shop shouldnt charge you more than a few hours labor.
Brett told me the same - a Ford engineer recommended that as the easiest route. He may make a step by step install video with Fat Guy Builds soon.

JordonNyler

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Vehicle
21 explorer st
Which location in the downpipes did the O2 sensor spacer get installed?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Brett told me the same - a Ford engineer recommended that as the easiest route. He may make a step by step install video with Fat Guy Builds soon.
I would love to see a install video.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I would love to see a install video.
There's some on YouTube which at least show you what needs to be done.

LoCarbST

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Just did my CVF downpipes yesterday in my garage, on ramps. No problem accessing the 3 E22's, lowered the subframe about an inch and got the 4th. 2 hours start to finish. Highly recommend just doing it at home if you have the means. Save some cash!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Just did my CVF downpipes yesterday in my garage, on ramps. No problem accessing the 3 E22's, lowered the subframe about an inch and got the 4th. 2 hours start to finish. Highly recommend just doing it at home if you have the means. Save some cash!
How high did you lift the car?

LoCarbST

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
How high did you lift the car?
I backed the front wheels on to the ramps. Only about a 5-6” raise on the front. Plenty of space to slide under and work. I did notice that if you position yourself perfectly, there is a view of the “hidden” E22’s that you can see through the subframe. Made it a lot easier to view the socket to E22 bolt connection.