Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Door locks have become sentient...

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Just discovered that it's decided to randomly unlock the doors while it's parked. Locked it last night, walked past it this morning, door were locked. Put the trash out a while later & it was unlocked... keys nowhere near vehicle, or even touched. They were 80ft away on the other side of the house. This may have happened before when I thought I forgot to lock it.

hbalek

Reactions
Just discovered that it's decided to randomly unlock the doors while it's parked. Locked it last night, walked past it this morning, door were locked. Put the trash out a while later & it was unlocked... keys nowhere near vehicle, or even touched. They were 80ft away on the other side of the house. This may have happened before when I thought I forgot to lock it.
Not surprising since many of us have had the headlights come on while parked and tailgate opens when walking by or when locking a door.

Reactions
Or someone in your household is having fun at your expense.

OP
ZRX61

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Reactions
Is it just the driver's door, or all doors?

KegsBdry

Reactions
Are you using that Ford APP too? The Ford APP has forced me to update to continue using it. Meaning, there could be security issues that need patching.

OP
ZRX61

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Is it just the driver's door, or all doors?
I'll check next time, I noticed because the mirrors were out.

Not using the Ford app. Coudn't get it to work after two months of faffing about & gave up

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
I'll check next time, I noticed because the mirrors were out.

Not using the Ford app. Coudn't get it to work after two months of faffing about & gave up
I believe the mirrors do not open back out until after the door has been opened and closed.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I believe the mirrors do not open back out until after the door has been opened and closed.
That what mine does.

OP
ZRX61

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Great, so that's two glitches.

hbalek

Reactions
That's normal I believe. Whenever I open the tailgate or the front doors and close them the mirrors unfold.