Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Does your instrument cluster look like this?

Reactions
I feel like the area on the cluster behind the car did not used to be yellow or then red based on my following distance and speed. I've been playing around with Forscan. Here's my question: did I make this change with Forscan, or all STs like this on day one? Or maybe this happened when I upgraded the software to 20136? I honestly can't remember.

Thanks for any insight!

Attachments

Reactions
Mine doesn't show colors. It also never shows MSDNC.

Reactions
Yes, when driving in sports mode

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Its normal and mine has done that since day 1, its just your particular cruise control settings. perhaps you were messing with the adaptive or intelligent cruise settings?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
mine does that. I like it, cool feature.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Mine has done it since day one

OP
thereynolds
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for all the feedback!

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I thought the yellow/red only came up from following, but I feel like it came on when someone was following me to closely, advising me of a rear-collision warning. Does the system look forward and backwards when you're driving? All said, I'm really impressed with the driver support tech. When on a boring road, it totally changes the driving experience.

OP
thereynolds
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
I thought the yellow/red only came up from following, but I feel like it came on when someone was following me to closely, advising me of a rear-collision warning. Does the system look forward and backwards when you're driving? All said, I'm really impressed with the driver support tech. When on a boring road, it totally changes the driving experience.
I think it's only on following. Too closely. So they say. :)

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Not on my Jan 2020 build!! Tried various drive modes, etc. Have the slotted gray all the time (variable sizing, of course, depending how close I am.)
IMG_2685.jpeg
Cheers!!

Ken

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I think it's only on following. Too closely. So they say. :)
i had someone almost rear-end me the other day and either a following sensor or my parking sensors freaked out. so there is something out there that even if you are in D, lets you know someone is on your ass

Reactions
Distance indication is on in Settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
thereynolds
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
Distance indication is on in Settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, so. I think that's the answer, I will check it out. Thank you!

wcoyne

Reactions
i had someone almost rear-end me the other day and either a following sensor or my parking sensors freaked out. so there is something out there that even if you are in D, lets you know someone is on your ass
I haven't noticed it when driving down the road but have going through a drive-thru where everyone is close to each other. I noticed the rear change colors as a car got closer the other day while I could see red in front because I was close to the car ahead of me. The sides light up for curbs also