Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Disabled FENG with forscan, proximity sensors sound different

FloridaST

Reactions
Used forscan to disable FENG, bambi, and double honk. Took her for a stroll around the block, when parking back in the garage the proximity sensor sounded different. I used the disable method vs keying in 0 or 9.

I searched and read 0 can disable center speaker. When I tried changing the 4 to a 9 it popped an error about incorrect sum when I went to write.

Went the simple way to be cautious. Any advice?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I am pretty sure I used the "0" and my center channel still works.

Reactions
D
I am pretty sure I used the "0" and my center channel still works.
Ditto. I have noticed sometimes the sound sounds different but then it goes back to the normal sound after the next restart. I didn’t think to much after that.

Reactions
I am unable to find in FORScan where to access the FENG and ANC. Please help! Where do I go from here (attached pic of my stopping point)

Attachments

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I am unable to find in FORScan where to access the FENG and ANC. Please help! Where do I go from here (attached pic of my stopping point)
What OBDII adapter are you using? You are showing about 1/3rd of the modules.

butt_yodel

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
FENG forscan.png

I still have this saved on my desktop from when I made the change. Check the last post from Road.racer