Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Disabled FENG today and I have a quick question for anyone Forscan savy......

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
So on my 2023 ST I actually found 2 changes. Engine sound enhancement and Software engine sound enhancement. I changed both to disable. I tested the vehicle one setting first and then deleted the software setting one and retested. It sounded to me they were both the same level of quiet. So my question is what is the difference and do both have to be disabled? Thanks in advance!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Were you in Sport Mode? I believe that's the only time FENG becomes active.

OP
U
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
It was definitely louder in sport mode but in normal mode it’s also present. Not any more.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Just to confirm, when you set the "software" one to disable, you went back and re-enabled the vehicle" one, right? And no matter which one was individually disabled, the FENG seemed to be gone?

OP
U
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Just to confirm, when you set the "software" one to disable, you went back and re-enabled the vehicle" one, right? And no matter which one was individually disabled, the FENG seemed to be gone?
No. What I did was disable the engine noise enhancement one. Wrote it. Drove the car to confirm it’s much quieter. Then I went back in and disassembled the software engine sound enhancement one. Wrote it. Then drove it to confirm it’s still quieter and nothings changed from the first delete.
So it was all good after the first one. I did the second one because they seemed related. That brought me to my original question. Does anyone who is Forscan savvy know what the difference is? There has to be a tech on here right?

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Yes there are 2 lines of code thst need addressing . I will go copy my sheet and post the areas

These worked in my vehicle

Attachments

Last edited: