Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Detailed and some random parts installed

Reactions
Hey guys, first couple days since I got the ST I haven't been completely crazy busy, so cleaned her up this week. Full hand wash and prep done one day, I didn't have the dealer wash or prep it when I got it, so there was plenty of delivery grime on it. Washed with Chemical Guys Citrus with a foam cannon, let it dwell for a few minutes. Dried her off and next day went to work with the polisher. I didn't have a multi step detail in me this week, and didn't think it fully needed it. Applied HD Speed with an orange pad which got the paint pretty close to perfect. On a few spots I used some m205 where the HD didn't provide enough cut.

Then went to work on the wheels....boy they were bad. There was some type of grime on them I've never encountered, assume it was some type of protective wax or spray from the factory, but who knows. I applied the HD speed by hand and they were much better, but I wasnt happy. Hit them today with a 3 inch polisher with m205 and then topped them with Wolfgang sealant. MUCH better. I need to do a wheels off detail, but didn't have time for it. The barrels of the wheels need polished at some point but today wasn't the day lol. Finished off the tires with some Zaino perfect tire. Not a Zaino fan necessarily, but I do like their tire dressing and their leather conditioner.

Cleaned up the interior with Aero "wash and wax all"---great product if you've never used it before. Used it on everything from the windows to the seats. Didn't want to apply any leather conditioner at this point as I'm still enjoying the new car smell, once that wears off I'll condition them properly.

Got the windows tinted 35 in the front last week, so today I felt comfortable enough to clean them, then installed my black wheels lugs, a trailer hitch plug, some ST valve stem caps, and took off the front plate holder and plugged the holes.

After the HD cured today I topped it with some Beadmaker. I'll probably do a top coat of meguiars 26 carnuba in the coming days but this worked for now.

Have some custom painted Ford emblems coming soon so looking forward to getting those, that will probably round out my exterior mods for now. Need to hardwire in my V1 at some point, maybe this weekend.

20200402_130749.jpg 20200402_143221.jpg 20200402_143228.jpg 20200402_145503.jpg 20200402_145448.jpg 20200402_145525.jpg

Reactions
OMG!! I’ve met my match. I thought I was the only OCD guy on this forum LOL!! Looking great....nice job! Try 303 on the black trim...works great and protects.

Suli711

Reactions
Sweeeeet

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
OMG!! I’ve met my match. I thought I was the only OCD guy on this forum LOL!! Looking great....nice job! Try 303 on the black trim...works great and protects.
OCD to the max over here! You're in good company!

BlueBeast

Reactions
Chemical Guys has some great products... I grew up in a hotrod shop with show cars... the detail bug is something I’ve had... no matter how crappy of a car I owned at the moment.

I clay bared, V38 polish with dual action buffer, smart wax, and spray ceramic coated mine last weekend.

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Chemical Guys has some great products... I grew up in a hotrod shop with show cars... the detail bug is something I’ve had... no matter how crappy of a car I owned at the moment.

I clay bared, V38 polish with dual action buffer, smart wax, and spray ceramic coated mine last weekend.

Looking good love the blue!

Reactions
That blue really pops. Looking good.

Explorer ST Posts