Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Dealership selling buybacks?

Das_Stig

Reactions
This dealership seems to be selling buybacks. Doesn't even look like they're discounting them at all. https://www.carfax.com/Dealer-Grieco-Ford-Raynham-MA_A4VHB8H001

Buyer beware?

What do you all think?

I really want an ST but I feel like they're just not a quality truck. I just backed out of a deal at a different dealership. There was a parking aid issue I noted on initial inspection and it's been at Ford for 3 weeks getting wire harnesses and modules replaced. No thanks.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Just wondering what you thought happened to these vehicles after Ford coughed up the coin? They'll obviously get every penny they can. That's where the bargaining begins and in this market, there may not be much of it.

Reactions
It's a thing. Friend lemon lawed his bike. The dealer fixed it and my other friend bought it at a discount.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
They're not cheap for sure. Running more than I paid for mine new in Feb 2020.

VUDU350

Reactions
I went to five dealerships and told them all I want the out the door price on a 2022. Best offer I got was $3500 off MSRP. That’s before any manufacturer rebates. I pulled the trigger. Deals can be had IMO.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
$3500 off the price of a vehicle that isn't even on the market is unbelievable.

Last edited:

AustinST

Reactions
Now I am worried about my month old overpriced 2021 if they are offering that kind of deal :(

Reactions
Now I am worried about my month old overpriced 2021 if they are offering that kind of deal :(
Ive owned over 40 cars... What I have learned is "somebody always got a better deal than me"... I just dont care anymore.

I only got about 3500 off of my 21 back in February before the current crazyness... I was reading about people getting 5000+ off, but I couldnt make a deal like that happen without buying a demo with 5000 miles on it.

AustinST

Reactions
Fair enough, I’m a deer in the headlights, and have alsways had bad car mojo. From the 340 to the American made, I’m still happy with my decision. But damn, why always me? Lol

Reactions
Ive owned over 40 cars... What I have learned is "somebody always got a better deal than me"... I just dont care anymore.

I only got about 3500 off of my 21 back in February before the current crazyness... I was reading about people getting 5000+ off, but I couldnt make a deal like that happen without buying a demo with 5000 miles on it.
You’re spot on there. There’s a lot of people that really stretch the truth on the deal they got too. I don’t even read those posts anymore unless I want feel like I got ripped off LOL!!

MrHoward

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
There is a dealer in the tri state that area that sells a lot of buy back vehicles. They swear you can get a Ford backed extended warranty on them.

OP
D

Das_Stig

Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Update. Didn't get the ST. Appreciate all of your input. I ended up in v8 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.

Chadler76

Reactions
There is a dealer in the tri state that area that sells a lot of buy back vehicles. They swear you can get a Ford backed extended warranty on them.
They are correct, you can. I did the cash option on my F150 so I got to keep it AND used some of that cash to buy the Ford extended warranty. Used it many times for other issues the truck had, all covered under the extended warranty.

Reactions
I bought a 2020 buyback in May of this year. Before I even went to look at it I pulled the Carfax and called the dealership that sold it and spoke to the service manager. The dealer was on the other side of the country from the Ford store I was buying it from but the guy still spent 10 minutes on the phone with me going through the cars service history. After that conversation I was satisfied that the buyback wasn't an issue. I drove the car, liked it and got a decent deal. Walked out with the bulk of the factory warranty and a Ford extended factory warranty. Not worried at all about buyback status. It may ding you if you go to resell it but I plan to keep this car for a while.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk