Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Day 2 With My New 2024 ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 ST 4WD
First off, the ride, the acceleration, and look of the ST are amazing. The adaptive cruise control worked flawlessly. I went on a 500 mile road trip after purchasing the night prior. I didn’t consider the black color of the car as from the front it looks quite a bit like a California Highway Patrol car. I noticed that cars in front of me would do either one of two things 1) get the hell out of the way quick 2) go from 80mph to 65mph and stay in the fast lane slowing everyone down, then speeding backup once they knew it wasn’t a cop car.

No real complaints. As with all Big 3 autos, the interior tech and entertainment software is way behind the times, but I expected that. I still get a chuckle at how they still haven’t added walkaway door locking as a standard feature or offer heads up display on top trim models. I like having a high set vertical screen, but considering that I only use AirPlay for nav it cuts my nav map to half of the screen. A bit surprised that Apple and Ford haven’t come up with a solve for this, but it’s not a huge issue. I’ll never use the factory nav, but it fills out the entire screen nicely (click on “full screen”). Voice commands have improved dramatically but it’s still clunky compared to the capabilities on a standard iPhone. 1 to 2 inches wider on the screen would have been nice. The light grey user interface still looks like the days of using DOS on an old 386 computer, not sure why they haven’t jazzed the user interface up a bit more.

Coming from driving full sized SUV’s the past 25 years, the ST is a lot of fun to drive. Small thing, but I like being able to change the color of the ambient lighting. Probably the biggest surprise for me was the smooth ride which I figured that I would lose going from a top trim large SUV to a mid-sized SUV like the ST.

Excalibur

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Yeah people thinking you are a cop is definitely a pita. Where I'm at they never get out of your way, just drag ass.
Congrats on the purchase.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Yeah people thinking you are a cop is definitely a pita. Where I'm at they never get out of your way, just drag ass.
Congrats on the purchase.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Congrats and welcome. The dark colors make us more prone to being seen as a cop...all...the...time...

Reactions
After turning the amber runners on all the time.. people move over in front of me miles ahead.. its been a blessing for me.

I even had a local officer give me a hand wave as I drove by thinking I was a detective or something haha.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.