Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

CV Fab Intercooler in Prototype Stage

OP
R

Roostfactor

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #81
Thanks for the link!
I'll have to look at the intercooler when I get a chance to see if it even has the tabs?

I know cvf doesn't have installation instructions yet (new product) but there's enough vids and info I don't think I'll need them.
The
Thanks for the link!
I'll have to look at the intercooler when I get a chance to see if it even has the tabs?

I know cvf doesn't have installation instructions yet (new product) but there's enough vids and info I don't think I'll need them.
Just took a couple pics. The cvf has bosses vs Mishimoto tabs. I haven't unwrapped the brackets yet but there is probably a little room for adjustment with this design.

Edit: sorry for the under exposed pics.

Attachments

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
For what it's worth in the 1/2 batch we've had go out there have been exactly 0 installation concerns/complaints sent over to us.
Any idea what the ETA is?
I place an order for the intercooler with ZFG about a month ago, no rush , just checking.
Thanks

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Exp ST
Any idea what the ETA is?
I place an order for the intercooler with ZFG about a month ago, no rush , just checking.
Thanks
Still looking at mid-October or so! We're doing our best to get them out before then, believe me. Sorry for the wait.

Cruiser133

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Mine came in last Wednesday and I took a day off work and installed it Friday. Took about 4 hours not rushing myself. The Youtube video by Houston Speed Freaks really helped. I did notice my Ford dealer is in the habit apparently of losing my plastic under belly rivets during oil changes as I am missing about three of them. Everything went together great and I am happy with the service and the product.

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I can’t decide which color to get when deciding on the IC

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
I can’t decide which color to get when deciding on the IC
I have a black ST so I went with the silver.
I like the color offsets. I also like the Steeda blue sway bar and springs they pop when looking under the car. However some people like the sleeper look. Beauty in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Damn!! Now I have to open my box because I don’t know what color I was sent.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Still looking at mid-October or so! We're doing our best to get them out before then, believe me. Sorry for the wait.
I sent you a message several days ago, Have you had time to look into it yet?

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Finally was able to install my CVFab Intercooler and it is an awesome work of art. Install wasn't bad at all. I replaced the rivets at the bottom with nut certs and stainless bolts and one of the replacement tie straps broke so I left them off. With the bolts holding the bottom on it is very secure and i felt no need to replace the tie straps.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Piping is coming (OEM BOV first) and it's compatible with any intercooler. Any of our intercoolers and pipe kits are interchangeable with OEM, which means that any intercooler will work with any other company's pipe kits and any pipe kits will work with other company's intercoolers (if that intercooler is OEM fitment, that is).
will there be a straight piped option for the 2022's that do not have a BOV?

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Exp ST
If anyone's in the market our Black Friday sale is live! Our best sale of the year (10% off plus free shipping and no taxes added) on any CVF-branded products with code TURKEY22

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
If anyone's in the market our Black Friday sale is live! Our best sale of the year (10% off plus free shipping and no taxes added) on any CVF-branded products with code TURKEY22
I SEE DOWNPIPES!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
sunofabitch...those DP are kinda calling me at that price...

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST PHEV MY22
Will have more info once we release, but should fit without issue.
Any news on this? :p The PHEV has 2 extra coolers in front of the radiator on the bottom of the car.