Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

CV Fab Intercooler in Prototype Stage

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Exp ST

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
@CVF-Jason will they be up before the Black Friday sale ends?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
No worries! Hot side pipes will be up for order soon. They're coming.
Just curious, will the hot side pipes work if you have an aFe intake?

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Exp ST
@CVF-Jason will they be up before the Black Friday sale ends?
Still a bit of a ways out, but if you'd like a custom invoice for the piping including the Black November discount shoot me a PM and we'll take care of you.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Still a bit of a ways out, but if you'd like a custom invoice for the piping including the Black November discount shoot me a PM and we'll take care of you.
Well that right there is some customer Service (y)

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
what does this do to make things better performance wise (hot and cold side pipes)?

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Exp ST
what does this do to make things better performance wise (hot and cold side pipes)?
Hot side piping leads air into the intercooler, cool air goes out to the throttle body via the cold side. The OEM hot side has a restriction point that's pretty heavy - first and foremost the piping resolves that.

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST PHEV MY22
@CVF-Jason any word on compatibility with the PHEV model? I think if the brackets would mount/rest on the circled parts it should work. (image of normal ST, not the PHEV version. The PHEV has 2 extra coolers that would go beneath the intercooler.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Exp ST
@CVF-Jason any word on compatibility with the PHEV model? I think if the brackets would mount/rest on the circled parts it should work. (image of normal ST, not the PHEV version. The PHEV has 2 extra coolers that would go beneath the intercooler.
No word yet, but I did ask one of our guys again to try to get a definitive answer. If it makes a difference if any other brands do fit ours will as well.

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST PHEV MY22
No word yet, but I did ask one of our guys again to try to get a definitive answer. If it makes a difference if any other brands do fit ours will as well.
Unfortunately, none of the other brands would be a direct fit due to the extra coolers getting in the way of the supports. I'm not sure how that's done on the CVFab intercoolers.

If the intercooler would get supported like i said in the previous post, on the 'rails'? (not sure if that's the correct term!?) it wouldn't be a problem.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hot side piping leads air into the intercooler, cool air goes out to the throttle body via the cold side. The OEM hot side has a restriction point that's pretty heavy - first and foremost the piping resolves that.
Thats not to mention i'm sure there are smoother bends for a more free flow and larger piping i assume....

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Exp ST
Unfortunately, none of the other brands would be a direct fit due to the extra coolers getting in the way of the supports. I'm not sure how that's done on the CVFab intercoolers.

If the intercooler would get supported like i said in the previous post, on the 'rails'? (not sure if that's the correct term!?) it wouldn't be a problem.
Gotcha! I will ask to be certain, but if other intercoolers are seeing their brackets hit the extra pieces then I would assume ours would as well.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Exp ST
Thats not to mention i'm sure there are smoother bends for a more free flow and larger piping i assume....
Yes sir, mandrel bends in aluminum piping with a larger diameter flowing into and out of the intercooler.

ssalib428

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Yes sir, mandrel bends in aluminum piping with a larger diameter flowing into and out of the intercooler.
Hey Jason I have a 2023 ST. I'm interested in purchasing your FMIC (black), charge pipe and possibly downpipes for my ST. I was wondering if you are running any up coming sales like you did around this time last year. Please let me know as this would greatly influence my purchase. Thanks!