Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

CV Fab Intercooler in Prototype Stage

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Exp ST
Have you guys come up with a price point yet?
Working on it right now. Going to be less than the other's guys' promotional price, though. That I can tell you.

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
Working on it right now. Going to be less than the other's guys' promotional price, though. That I can tell you.
That’s awesome to hear.

Do you guys have any dyno numbers yet?

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Exp ST
That’s awesome to hear.

Do you guys have any dyno numbers yet?
Not yet, but as soon as we get some units ready we will be getting some without fail. Charge air temp. data is a direct indicator of how she will perform, though.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer st
Super excited about this development, im also in south Florida so supporting a local business would just be an added bonus.

Any timeline on possible I/C piping, ive been itching to pull the trigger on a cold side pipe with BOV setup @CVF-Jason

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Will the Radiator Grille Shutter Assembly need to be removed? If so, Will you get check engine light if you remove it?

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Exp ST
Will the Radiator Grille Shutter Assembly need to be removed? If so, Will you get check engine light if you remove it?
Gonna finish them up and have a definitive answer for you, but generally if the AGS needs to come off you can detach the motor from it and zip tie it off (to not cause a CEL). That's for F-150 and Mustang. Again, as soon as we finish we'll give you a definitive answer.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
@CVF-Jason Any word on pre-sale pricing? I saw this is on your website, nice to see black is an option. And any timeline for the hot/cold piping?

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Exp ST
@CVF-Jason Any word on pre-sale pricing? I saw this is on your website, nice to see black is an option. And any timeline for the hot/cold piping?
And here we thought we were being sly not linking it to a section LOL - it literally went up an hour ago for vendor access.

We're going to give the standard forum discount for pre-orders (5%) on the $879.99 but remember that we eat the taxes and shipping is free as well.

If you'd like a code just drop me a PM and we can get it in your hands.

Initial batch expected to be ready mid-August then full ramp up to stock soon thereafter (a month or two later).

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
PM sent for a code.

OP
R

Roostfactor

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #50
Order placed. Really looking forward to this!

Cruiser133

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
PM sent for a code, thanks!

Cruiser133

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Just put my order in, thanks for the discount!

Reactions
So I'm going to get this intercooler but should I wait until the piping comes out so I don't have to pull everything apart again and just do the job once?

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Exp ST
So I'm going to get this intercooler but should I wait until the piping comes out so I don't have to pull everything apart again and just do the job once?
Piping is still 4-5 months out at the very least.

Reactions
Is there a thread more aligned to install and updates around this Intercooler specifically? (Production, not Prototype)
I may start one for users that bought/might buy/thinking about buying.

OP
R

Roostfactor

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #58
Is there a thread more aligned to install and updates around this Intercooler specifically? (Production, not Prototype)
Not that I know of. There are other install vids on yt though and it should be virtually the same.
Good idea!

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Exp ST
No thread - feel free! Expecting to get these backorders out the 22-23 at the latest.

OP
R

Roostfactor

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #60
No thread - feel free! Expecting to get these backorders out the 22-23 at the latest.
Perfect! Just picked our ST up 2 weeks ago.