Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Custom exhaust

Reactions
Has anyone tried getting a custom exhaust built?
What mufflers did you go with, and what size?

I like the borla system, but it's too small... I'm looking for 2.5 or 2.75"

Corsa is too expensive to have it shipped to Canada, so I'm going to see what a local muffler shop can come up with

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Has anyone tried getting a custom exhaust built?
What mufflers did you go with, and what size?

I like the borla system, but it's too small... I'm looking for 2.5 or 2.75"

Corsa is too expensive to have it shipped to Canada, so I'm going to see what a local muffler shop can come up with

Sooooooo. I’m actually going next week to install the downpipes and build a custom2.5 midpipe..... followed by 2.5 into the borla Stype . Yes I’m chopping up my borla but don’t worry it’s all free labor :)...... I’ve worked a deal with my shop. Stay tuned.

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Yes!

I was hoping borla would sell just the resonator and exhaust separately, then I could get my own 2.5" piping done up, but no such luck

Let me know how you make out

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Hopefully end of next week ...

Installing the steering wheel this weekend. I hate effing with airbags

2020 Explorer ST - Storm Trooper Build

Borla S-Type Exhaust | SPD Downpipes | Vossen HF-5 | Michelin PSS Tires | Speeda Rear Sway | Turbosmart BOV | Rear Wiper Delete | Clear Bra | Tinted Headlights | H&R Springs | Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel | Custom Front and Rear Emblems | UPR Catch Can | SPD T-Stat

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I have a couple welder friends, I think you're onto something here....

I'll see if I can find a good price on a borla s type since I fully intend on hacking it up

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Hopefully end of next week ...

Installing the steering wheel this weekend. I hate effing with airbags

Borla S-Type Exhaust | SPD Downpipes | Vossen HF-5 | Michelin PSS Tires | Speeda Rear Sway | Turbosmart BOV | Rear Wiper Delete | Clear Bra | Tinted Headlights | H&R Springs | Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel | Custom Front and Rear Emblems | UPR Catch Can | SPD T-Stat
air bags scare me. I swapped one steering wheel one time and I did it all from the passenger seat haha

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
air bags scare me. I swapped one steering wheel one time and I did it all from the passenger seat haha
Lol. Supposed to disconnect the battery but I don’t

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Lol. Supposed to disconnect the battery but I don’t

Yea I don't remember if I did, but I feel like I probably did. I have done TONS of work on my own vehicles (including installing long tubes on my mustang in my garage on jack stands with hand tools, if you know anything about mustangs you know how terrible of a job that is). I was less scared of that than the airbags haha