Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Cross Shop

jrubs18

Reactions
Anyone cross shop the Explorer ST with a BMW X3 M40i, I know that they are different purposed vehicles, but they are in the same price range and have similar power numbers even though the X3 is faster. Pretty comparable if you don't need the extra room of the ST. What else did you guys cross shop when buying ST??

Reactions
You gotta look at the X5 as the cross shopping of the Explorer... and even then its still only 2 rows... their 3rd row option is a complete joke... So then you got to go to an X7 to get a real 3rd row...and you are priced out really.

X3 is WAY smaller than the Explorer... Ive driven my mom's 2018 X3 quite a bit and its more like an Escape in its size. She didnt have the 4.0, I think just whatever the 4cyl is, 2.8 or whatever. VERY nice vehicle, but not comparable to the Explorer in size.

PostmanRP

Reactions
The X3M40i was one I was definitely interested in although would be a tighter fit for my kids :LOL: main thing that scared me away was BMW reputation for expensive maintenance and not great reliability

Reactions
I was looking at the Kia Telluride SX Nightfall and it had a lot going for it. But it wasn't as fun to drive...the ST just put a smile on my face the minute I had a chance to let it show what it could do. On the Kia, the technology wasn't as intuitive for me as the Explorer, but I did like the heads up display on the Telluride and the sound system was pretty good. In the end, I love The BeaST! Don't have any regrets!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Nothing. The first time I saw an ST online I could picture it built in my head...so I bought one and built it.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Not exactly cross shopping, but we looked at a Edge ST before buying the Explorer. Research online said the Edge seats could be uncomfortable for bigger (fatter) people. So glad we went with the Explorer.