Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Creaking center front armrest?

Reactions
Anyone else have a front center armrest that creaks like crazy? Even the slightest pressure from the driver or passenger arm and thing creaks. The plastic seems to be really cheap under the leather and it flexes. Anyone found a fix for this?

hbalek

Reactions
Anyone else have a front center armrest that creaks like crazy? Even the slightest pressure from the driver or passenger arm and thing creaks. The plastic seems to be really cheap under the leather and it flexes. Anyone found a fix for this?
Not to be a smartass but my entire vehicle creaks and rattles from different places at different times! It's part of this vehicle's DNA. The worst noise is from under the driver's seat and in the back left side hatch area.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I think it's interesting the different build qualities that people have experienced. Mine was built in February of 20. Long enough after initial assembly problems to work the gremlins out and just before Covid personnel problems. Maybe mine is the rare unicorn, I haven't had a single problem. Not a squeak, not a rattle. The only problem is that it recently spit out a "low washer fluid" warning! If I had spent time on this forum prior to purchase, I might have been scared off from buying one.

hbalek

Reactions
I think it's interesting the different build qualities that people have experienced. Mine was built in February of 20. Long enough after initial assembly problems to work the gremlins out and just before Covid personnel problems. Maybe mine is the rare unicorn, I haven't had a single problem. Not a squeak, not a rattle. The only problem is that it recently spit out a "low washer fluid" warning! If I had spent time on this forum prior to purchase, I might have been scared off from buying one.
Mine was built 11/19 and has had the fuel pump replaced at about 11K miles and battery replaced at about 19K miles. Another major issue is the exhaust rattles and leaks on the left side. I've also had electronic gremlin like a headlight switch that had a mind of its own and numerous warnings on the display which were intermittent and temporary.