Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

COST OF STEEDA SPRING INSTALL

Reactions
Hang on to your HAT guys, just got a quote from a Ford dealer in New Hudson, Michigan, $2200.00 for spring and sway bar install!!

Holy Toledo Batman, that’s highway robbery! Here is a picture of what I paid at a local dealership. $380 for the spring install and an alignment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
$2,200 makes the $1,200 quote I got seem like a deal but not one i’m taking them up on.

@singingwhodat - Am I reading the invoice correctly that the dealer charged you $200 to install an aftermarket intercooler?

Reactions
$2,200 makes the $1,200 quote I got seem like a deal but not one i’m taking them up on.

@singingwhodat - Am I reading the invoice correctly that the dealer charged you $200 to install an aftermarket intercooler?
That is correct!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
That is correct!

Dang, I gotta get batter dealer. Almost makes me want to drive down to NOLA to get work done on my ST along with a number of other things that NOLA has to offer.

Reactions
Dang, I gotta get batter dealer. Almost makes me want to drive down to NOLA to get work done on my ST along with a number of other things that NOLA has to offer.
Come on down!!!

Kermie32

Reactions
I also am in the Chicago area. I have been quoted from $750-1200 for an H&R springs install and alignment. I have not went to my local dealer yet. I Will also add that each asked if the vehicle had the adjustable suspension (I think they mean, drive modes) and self-adjusting lights or something? Either way, all pricing seems steep to me. They are quoting 5-6 hours to complete.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Steeda springs and swaybar installed, alignment and oil change $500 at a local shop.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I also am in the Chicago area. I have been quoted from $750-1200 for an H&R springs install and alignment. I have not went to my local dealer yet. I Will also add that each asked if the vehicle had the adjustable suspension (I think they mean, drive modes) and self-adjusting lights or something? Either way, all pricing seems steep to me. They are quoting 5-6 hours to complete.
After getting similar quotes from my local Ford dealership shops, I went to an independent shop as was suggested earlier in the tread. Fortunately, I had a shop I’ve used in the past and they said they’ll install the Steeda springs, sway bar and toe links for just the labor rate and do the alignment. Should be done for ~$400. Problem is they're booked solid until the end of the month. However, he’s a Ford guy and I trust his work, so I can wait. So it’s worth asking friends if they have any independent shops that they trust or would recommend if you don’t already know of one.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
That’s a decent price for installation and alignment. My local shop is doing just the Steeda springs and an alignment for $355.

Reactions

Holy Toledo Batman, that’s highway robbery! Here is a picture of what I paid at a local dealership. $380 for the spring install and an alignment

Is that $200 for the intercooler install?

Reactions
Vehicle
I called a local performance shop for ther spring install today and they quoted 450. Didn think it was terrible but when I questioned them if it included the alighment, they said a small drop that the steeda will provide dont necessarily require an alignment. Any knowledgeable folks in here that can chime in on that?

Reactions
but when I questioned them if it included the alighment, they said a small drop that the steeda will provide dont necessarily require an alignment.
Avoid this shop and keep looking. They don’t have an alignment rack which is why they’re telling you it’s not required.

Reactions
Vehicle
Avoid this shop and keep looking. They don’t have an alignment rack which is why they’re telling you it’s not required.
Thanks brother!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Just reviving this thread.
Local speed shop to me does lowering springs for $300. Intercooler for $200.
Panda in St. Louis.
Cheers and happy modding. I love this forum.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Just reviving this thread.
Local speed shop to me does lowering springs for $300. Intercooler for $200.
Panda in St. Louis.
Cheers and happy modding. I love this forum.
That's a great price, I would gladly pay that instead of doing it myself!