Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Corrosion Warranty

Reactions
If this has already been address, feel free to include the thread link. I noticed that the clear coat has been peeling on a couple of my wheels. Also, the red caliper paint is starting to flake on one of my calipers. Would this be covered under the 5yr Corrosion Perforation warranty? When reading the warranty it states "body sheet metal panel." I don't see anything that pertains to wheels, painted components, etc.

Reactions
I think this would be covered under the 3/36 warranty. Any older and most likely wouldn't be covered.
What chemicals and methods are you using to clean your wheels?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

OP
mcfarlrm
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I'm going to call a couple dealerships to see what they say. I tried chatting with someone at Ford directly yesterday on their website but the wait was over an hour and it timed me out. I have been using Chemical Guys Mr. Pink Foaming Car Wash Soap and applying tire shine. There is always overspray on the tire shine but I immediately wipe off the excess from the wheels.

OP
mcfarlrm
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Finally got a hold of Ford directly. They are saying paint is covered under warranty but the dealership will make the ultimate decision.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
My last experience with paint issue they said that paint would be under Bumper to Bumper 3/36. Anything beyond that is up to dealer because it's so convoluted on what they cover. I bought a '17 Fusion Sport that 6 months later the pinch weld on a door was rusting and bubbling the paint. Ford said I was a few months out of 3/36 and had to go to dealer. Luckily dealer was great about it and wasted no time in fixing it. Got super lucky.

Hope it goes well!

OP
mcfarlrm
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
My last experience with paint issue they said that paint would be under Bumper to Bumper 3/36. Anything beyond that is up to dealer because it's so convoluted on what they cover. I bought a '17 Fusion Sport that 6 months later the pinch weld on a door was rusting and bubbling the paint. Ford said I was a few months out of 3/36 and had to go to dealer. Luckily dealer was great about it and wasted no time in fixing it. Got super lucky.

Hope it goes well!
Need to get it in soon. My 3/36 expires at the end of this month. However, I do have an additional year of the Premium Care warranty that the dealership added when I purchased the vehicle. So technically my bumper to bumper ends 4/48.