Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Coronavirus

Reactions
how’s everyone doing with all this nonsense? how’s it affecting you personally.? thankfully my family has remained healthy.. i’m still working, although on a new 32 hour per week schedule.. which is then immediately offset by emergency overtime all the time.. but life goes on.

Last edited:
Reactions
My family is well. Luckily both the wife and I can work from home so no financial impact, yet. We are all adjusting to everyone being stuck, more or less, in the house.

Reactions
Been off work for the most part and I’m liking this! Was planning on hanging it up in two years anyway.

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
yeah, for me it’s been awesome.. and i feel guilty saying that “out loud,” but it’s the truth.. i can’t imagine what some families are going through.. i feel horrible about that.. but besides the doom and gloom, it’s honestly been quite an unexpected surprise.. i commute to nyc daily and traffic is nonexistent.. nobody is around to bother, nobody wants to chat and bullshit, no tourists.. like i said, it’s pretty grim for the majority of the public, but i’ve actually been very happy lately.. let’s hope everything goes back to normal.. hoping this post finds everybody healthy and as happy as can be expected.. we’ll get through this.

Reactions
Attempting to work 50+ hour weeks here at home with a 2 and 4 year old at home. It's pure hell. I'd give the daycare 5k a month at this point.

I try to get away and shower.....have two kids running in the bathroom don't have one moment of quiet until they go to bed and by that time I'm so exhausted I'm ready to sleep too.

QwikEVO

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
I just wish that I could go have a nice dinner and some beers at a restaurant...I miss "going out" with the wife.

Reactions
Well I was already a hermit with next to no social life so from that standpoint my life has not changed. My work is very much on the essentials list so I still have to go to work whenever the schedule dictates, so not much changed there. I've avoided watching much of the news because there's just such an overload of COVID info that I found it was stressing me out. I've washed my hands so many times I've uncovered the answers to a grade 7 math test I wrote on my palm 20 years ago. No one in the family has gotten sick so far. Definitely enjoying the commute right now...if anyone knows the Greater Toronto Area then you know it's normally a bitch to get around in; right now I can make it all the way home from work in 30 minutes which normally takes a solid hour.

My ST, which was a factory order, is in limbo at this point since they not only closed the plants in March, but the dealership that I bought it from also closed temporarily until they deem it appropriate to reopen. The car was "going into the production lane", as my salesman said, as of March 5th, and I had a VIN, but then a week or two later they closed plants and then shortly after that the dealership closed, and the sales manager called me to tell me that the timeline on my factory order was "unknown". YAY! Thankfully I still have a running car, although how long it stays running is anybody's guess these days LOL. Meanwhile, I have literally no idea as to the status of my car...for all I know it is halfway down the production line with no doors, no dashboard, half an engine, and only one taillight, or it might have been built and is currently sitting in the yard gathering dust waiting to be shipped.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST (Agate Black)
Glad to hear everyone and their respected loved ones are all doing well! It's been a bit of a shit show here in South Florida but thats usually how these things play out down here. I'm fortunate enough to still be working and healthy so I can't complain. As many have mentioned before me, I also miss being able to step out and grab a drink (preferably near or on the beach). This to shall pass though.... Isolation has def. given me more time to mess around with my ST though... It's not my everyday car but the more I play around with it the more likely its going to become it... On a closing note I hope everyone's enjoying their ST's and continues to stay healthy. ;)(y)

KegsBdry

Reactions
Like a few of you, wife and I work from home so it hasn’t hit us too hard. I have enjoyed a daily drive for a lunch break. Can’t get enough of the options and features in this vehicle. Can’t wait for a long road trip as a vacation. We don’t want to consider flying anytime soon. So we bought this ST at the right time!

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
i got mine on february 15th.. february 16th i was on the road to disney with the wife and kids.. great great great road trip vehicle.. from jersey to florida round trip i spent 250 bucks on gas.. and now we’re glad we went cause life this summer is going to be a lot different.

OHST

Reactions
I'm glad to see that some states are slowly allowing small businesses to open back up. Can't wait to be able to take the ST on another long road trip.

Reactions
Happy some businesses are re-opening here too, including the dealership I ordered my ST from in January...hopefully soon I will get an updated timeline on when my ST will land.