Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Cooling Front seat making a high pitch noise

KegsBdry

Reactions
Using the cooling option on the driver's front seat results in a high pitch noise at a random time. The only temporary fix is to cycle through the cooling levels until it goes away.
:unsure: Looking for a permanent fix. Of course, a Ford dealership cannot reproduce the problem.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Reactions
Using the cooling option on the driver's front seat results in a high pitch noise at a random time. The only temporary fix is to cycle through the cooling levels until it goes away.
:unsure: Looking for a permanent fix. Of course, a Ford dealership cannot reproduce the problem.

Has anyone else run into this issue?
One thing I noticed is the cooling doesn't work very well. Hits the lower to mid back and isnt very cool.

hbalek

Reactions
The heating and cooling work very well on mine after almost 2 years of ownership. Other things like seat noise, lack of memory recall really suck however. The massage works well too!

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
One thing I noticed is the cooling doesn't work very well. Hits the lower to mid back and isnt very cool.
From what I'm reading, that is that's a pretty common issue. Some are saying their cooling fan never properly worked from the start.

Reactions
My seat makes a high pitch noise when I move my butt around. The seats seem to draw the heat away and not push cold air thru the seat to your bum.

Reactions
When I adjust the driver ac vents to restrict the air a bit the driver seat gets a bit more air movement.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
When I adjust the driver ac vents to restrict the air a bit the driver seat gets a bit more air movement.
From what I understand, the cooling on your bum is a fan that draws air away.. not so much utilizing the AC system blowing air to you.

Ky8530

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Ours goes in for warranty replacement of driver cooling motor the randomly broke off seat. Makes a ton of noise now that it's not installed anymore

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Now that it's getting hotter outside, this forgotten problem resurfaced.

Anyone able to fix this themselves?

Guess I'll have to reproduce it for warranty work. I'm just over the bumper to bumper coverage. But the extended warranty should cover this, right?