Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Considering ZFG Racing Tune

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
I have seen plenty of positive feedback on ZFG in this forum, but I wonder if anyone has experienced any install, engine, or performance issues from using ZFG (regardless of the type of tune). How long have you kept the tune, and did the dealer give you a hard time, if you brought your car in for service? Thanks!

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
The only issue I had was I also have a 93 tune from 5 star and it was loaded thru an X4. The ZFG tune would not load until I went back to stock.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I have seen plenty of positive feedback on ZFG in this forum, but I wonder if anyone has experienced any install, engine, or performance issues from using ZFG (regardless of the type of tune). How long have you kept the tune, and did the dealer give you a hard time, if you brought your car in for service? Thanks!
I'd wait until uour warranty is up. Warranty can save you hundreds maybe thousands of dollars.

Reactions
ZFG Tune is fantastic. I've had it in the dealer for service and they flashed it back to stock. I emailed Adam about it and he told me just to flash it back. Never had any issues resulting from his tune and the performance is markedly noticeable. All of my repairs were covered under the extended warranty and they never mentioned any of my mods or the tune.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
ZFG Tune is fantastic. I've had it in the dealer for service and they flashed it back to stock. I emailed Adam about it and he told me just to flash it back. Never had any issues resulting from his tune and the performance is markedly noticeable. All of my repairs were covered under the extended warranty and they never mentioned any of my mods or the tune.
How did you know they flashed it?

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Take it to the track, or get a dragy and hit up your favorite mexican road.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Bought my 22 ST new off the lot with 7 miles. Had it ZFG tuned since 1000 miles and I'm currently at 8000 miles with zero technical issues and zero issues from the dealership. Now, keep in mind I haven't had any warranty work done yet since my 22 has been excellent but I'll be sure to report back should something ever come up.

If you want to go fast, ZFG is the only way.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Bought my 22 ST new off the lot with 7 miles. Had it ZFG tuned since 1000 miles and I'm currently at 8000 miles with zero technical issues and zero issues from the dealership. Now, keep in mind I haven't had any warranty work done yet since my 22 has been excellent but I'll be sure to report back should something ever come up.

If you want to go fast, ZFG is the only way.
Curious what version of the tune are you running?

KegsBdry

Reactions
How much did the zfg 93 octane tune cost you in total?

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
A ZFG tune is 450, plus you will need 4 credits to load the the tune. The credits are 50 each, so now you're at 650 and then you will need an HP tuning device if you don't have one already.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I just bought one, went with the mpvi3 tuner , 1015. Installed and never looked back , immediately noticed the change. Absolutely recommend
Your total cost was $1,015?

Jose vi4

Active Duty U.S. Army
Reactions
Vehicle
explorer
The only issue I had was I also have a 93 tune from 5 star and it was loaded thru an X4. The ZFG tune would not load until I went back to stock.
How was the difference between both tunes??

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
How was the difference between both tunes??
There are thousands of posts regarding tunes across this site. After spending hundreds of hours reading them the ZFG is top dog.

Jose vi4

Active Duty U.S. Army
Reactions
Vehicle
explorer
There are thousands of posts regarding tunes across this site. After spending hundreds of hours reading them the ZFG is top dog.
i know is a 1000 post regarding tune but because is a personal preference is the reason i am asking. I just want to know if is a day and night diference for the the xtra $$$$ XFG charge???