Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Coilovers anyone ?

Reactions
How many people here would be interested in a set of coilovers for our vehicles ? I have been working with a company that has been using my ST for R&D . Should be getting the first set to test fit in about a month . It will either go perfect or they will have to make some adjustments for the final product . Either way , coilovers are coming !

Reactions
That would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Very cool. What company is making them?

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Very cool. What company is making them?
They would rather me not say anything yet until they have test fit them to make sure they do work...and work correctly . I am not trying to make this some secret operation but they did ask me to throw it out there to see the demand for it .

Reactions
They would rather me not say anything yet until they have test fit them to make sure they do work...and work correctly . I am not trying to make this some secret operation but they did ask me to throw it out there to see the demand for it .
I get that. I would definitely be interested in coilovers, it would just depend on who was making them. Thanks for the heads up though.

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
As soon as I have info , I will definitely post here first .

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Just got back from the shop after doing a second round of measurements.....so hopefully we will have a set in hand soon enough .

Just trying to keep those interested informed on the progress .

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
"Coilovers" covers a lot of ground. Will they be height adjustable? Adjustable rebound dampening? Adjustable compression dampening- High and low speed? Remote reservoir? More details, please.

Sbenis

Reactions
I would also be Interested in Adjustable coilovers like a full coilover

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
"Coilovers" covers a lot of ground. Will they be height adjustable? Adjustable rebound dampening? Adjustable compression dampening- High and low speed? Remote reservoir? More details, please.
I would also be Interested in Adjustable coilovers like a full coilover
I am not 100% sure on all the specs but I will get them for you guys when I can .

Reactions
I spoke to a Ford guy at the Charlotte Auto Fair this past weekend about the white/blue track ST we've all seen already. The track ST was at the show. Anyway, he said that FOX was in the preliminary stages of R&D for coilovers for the ST. I cannot argue the merit of what he said, just know that.....we may have an additional suspension option in the next year or so.

Last edited:
Reactions
I would be down for some FOX coilovers... something in the 2.5" diameter(the Raptor Fox coilovers are 3"), remote reservoir with adjustable rebound and damping setup with travel designed for a drop of about 1.5". Would likely be in the 2000-2500 range, maybe 3000.

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #16
I spoke to a Ford guy at the Charlotte Auto Fair this past weekend about the white/blue track ST we've all seen already. the track ST was at the show. Anyway, he said that FOX was in the preliminary stages of R&D for coilovers for the ST. I cannot argue the merit of what he said, just now that.....we may have an additional suspension option in the next year or so.
Good to know !

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Someone just posted on a FB group that they’re on fully adjustable coilovers…no info though.

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
I would be down for some FOX coilovers... something in the 2.5" diameter(the Raptor Fox coilovers are 3"), remote reservoir with adjustable rebound and damping setup with travel designed for a drop of about 1.5". Would likely be in the 2000-2500 range, maybe 3000.
But a 1.5" drop for let's say $2000 minimum when you can just get springs for a couple hundred....not sure I would go that route . Yes , I know that coilovers would provide a different outcome that just springs but how many people out there are building a track focused Explorer . Mine's just sitting on H&Rs right now and it handles fantastic through the turns . Let's see what the outcome is for the coilovers I mentioned but it is good to see other options also .

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #19
Someone just posted on a FB group that they’re on fully adjustable coilovers…no info though.
I would be interested to know the info on those also . I know the coilover parts for these are pretty intricate as there are a few different Ford parts needed than a standard coilover . I was originally looking at customizing some F150 coilovers until we saw what is under our STs .

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
But a 1.5" drop for let's say $2000 minimum when you can just get springs for a couple hundred....not sure I would go that route . Yes , I know that coilovers would provide a different outcome that just springs but how many people out there are building a track focused Explorer . Mine's just sitting on H&Rs right now and it handles fantastic through the turns . Let's see what the outcome is for the coilovers I mentioned but it is good to see other options also .
100% how I feel right now. Some really good struts with appropriate springrate and vehicle weight damping for the reduced travel + H&R/Steeda and there is zero reason for a aftermarket coilover setup.