Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Cluster Display - Sport Mode colors all the time?

Gabes

Reactions
Has anyone found a way to keep the sport mode display up for all driving modes? It is by far the sharpest looking and most informative, but sitting I rush hour traffic doesn't always need me to be in sport mode...

Reactions
probably the biggest downside of the ST is what they can't do with that digital screen or cluster...

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I'm enthusiastically hopeful that, as the AutoStop Eliminator came out to fix the one issue, someone is going to release the "easter egg" that will allow us to default set the dash display mode, maybe even mix elements. It is just a computer program.

Reactions
Maybe someone can figure it out in Forscan. I assume its under the instrument cluster module. I have Forscan, but am not daring enough to experiment. Eliminated only the double honk so far.

Blackssr

Reactions
Maybe someone can figure it out in Forscan. I assume its under the instrument cluster module. I have Forscan, but am not daring enough to experiment. Eliminated only the double honk so far.
The same for me. But in addition to the idiotic double hunk I also enabled fog lights with high beams. I purchased auto start stop eliminator and installed to rid of that horrific feature. Nothing is more annoying than the double honk and having to turn that damn auto start stop feature off every time I get in the vehicle. One of the reasons I purchased the Ford Explorer ST was because of Forscan and the ability to turn off that stupid engine start stop via The eliminator. I do not know what those Ford engineers were thinking but they need to be hung from a tree in a backyard somewhere.

Blackssr

Reactions
That would be a dream come true in in order to enable the sport dash in every mode.

Reactions
That would be a dream come true in in order to enable the sport dash in every mode.
Don't mind me, I'm just here reviving this thread hoping someone has found something out, or perhaps get the ball rolling again into someone's court who knows what they're doing with Forscan. All I've done is a few options in the EasyConfig window. Other than that, I don't know where to even begin looking.

I am noticing a screen flickering on my Normal and Eco mode screens, but never notice it on the Sport Mode screen, so with that, and the fact that I love the look of the Sport Mode screen, I would also like to have the Sport Screen default, but not necessarily the sport drive mode.

Br3tt

Reactions
I have noticed my cluster flickering in normal mode as well. This seems like it would be a very easy update for ford to push out to us.

Reactions
I have noticed my cluster flickering in normal mode as well. This seems like it would be a very easy update for ford to push out to us.
If you want, you can always get the screen replaced. There's been a number of us on here that have had it done.

A replaced screen seems to have fixed the flickering issue for anyone who has had it done, including myself. I've had my replacement screen in the car for 6 months now, no flickering.

You can check out this thread, post #8 where I detail my visit with some documentation you can take to your dealer should you decide to get yours replaced.
https://www.explorerst.org/threads/2021-explorer-st-gauge-screen-flicker.1733/#post-24481

At this point, I think that would be a more practical option and one that you'd see results from quicker than waiting for a sport mode screen option. The replacement would be warranty, no cost to you.