Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Clunk After H&R Install

Reactions
I finally got around to installing my lowering springs this morning. After I finished and took it for a test drive I noticed an occasional clunk. It's coming from the front and seems like its both sides. I took my time to make sure the springs were seated in the rubber caps when putting them back together. Not sure if its the seating or the cap at the top. Do the bolt holes only line up one way? I was stupid and didn't pay attention to how it looked when I took them apart.

Thanks.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You didn’t get the nut tight enough on top of the strut.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
You didn’t get the nut tight enough on top of the strut.
Thanks. The one that is attached to the shaft? I'll check it tomorrow morning. Is that all it could be? Just want to make sure I check everything that is needed.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
If all the other bolts are tight that’s it. I did it myself on one side.

Sch0227

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I did it on one side of mine as well

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Thanks everyone. Like I said I will re-tighten them in the morning. I don't have time to do it today.

Reactions
What kind of torque spec are you all getting to when installing? I just ordered some h&r's and will be installing next week hopefully.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
I went and bought some cheap pass-thru sockets so I could hold the shaft while tightening. Plus I didn't need to take the wheels back off. The passenger side need a little tightening. But the driver side was a bit loose.

Thanks for the help.