Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Climate in SYNC

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
My Mustang GT and previously owned Ranger and Explorer Sport all were able to access climate in SYNC.
My ST doesn't!
Am I missing something?
Duh... well yeah I miss not being able to access climate in SYNC...

Reactions
You have to press the menu button located in the area where you adjust the temps/rear defrost. When you press menu it brings it up on the SYNC screen.

OP
CoastieN70

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
You have to press the menu button located in the area where you adjust the temps/rear defrost. When you press menu it brings it up on the SYNC screen.
Thanks, I found that BUT I still can not control CLIMATE functions from SYNC Voice Control.
i.e. I press the voice button and say "set temperature to 71 degrees" and SYNC responds and then sets the temperature to 71 degrees.
I can do that in my Mustang and I could do that in my previously owner Explorer Sport and 2019 Ranger...

BTW, Thanks for your response... :)

Last edited:

Swaggy

Reactions
I have similar problem with my 2020 ST. My dealership says the ST does not have voice command for climate in Sync 3 although the owners manual states it should. My previous Lincoln MKX had Sync 3 and climate voice command worked fine.

Reactions
Yeah, I miss the Climate Control option in the display. Why would you give a bigger display and then remove an option.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Yeah, I miss the Climate Control option in the display. Why would you give a bigger display and then remove an option.
To make room for the bigger display, they had to remove some features. :unsure: