Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Chirping sound

GTA_ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hey, I’ve got a ‘22 ST with about 2200 km and recently noticed this strange chirping sound when I turn off the engine. Is this normal? Wouldn’t allow me to attach the sound file so I’m linking it to my OneDrive location. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlUV50UbXZlogoolJYB_UC5BbCjwNQ

Thanks.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I don’t remember exactly cause it completely threw me off but yesterday when I got home, my 22 made some weird ass noise for about 8 seconds after turning it off. I noticed it near the front. It was hot out so maybe it was the fan system or something. Not sure. I’ll listen for it again today.

Reactions
I've noticed a quick rhythmic chirping sound that lasts for about 5-10 seconds when I first crank the engine in the morning. weird

OP
G

GTA_ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Checked it out at the dealership today and it’s actually the parking brake engaging. Depends on various factors including grade etc if it automatically applies or not. Note this is note related to the recall flash as mine hasn’t been applied yet.