Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Cheap Exhaust Mod?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Is there anything free or at least up to a $100 that i can do to the exhaust to improve its sound without damaging or cutting anything?

Currently stock 2021 Explorer ST other then the blow-off valve

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
The stock exhaust is all one piece so, no. You would have to do some cutting in the very least.

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Muffler(s) delete?

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Ok, we get it. Three different threads on the same subject- two with the same name. But I get it, you don't want to cut anything or damage anything on your exhaust and you're willing to part with $100 to do it. So, no one will tell you the "top secret" sound enhancing secret of the ST? I will. Send me the $100 and I'll tell you the secret, but you have to promise not to tell anyone else, ok?

Let's just say you'll need about a 10" screwdriver and a good flashlight. This will allow you to locate the Helmholtz valve in each muffler via the tailpipe. Once removed, you'll hear a wonderful growl at WOT, but it will still be quiet at idle. You'll need my explicit instruction (thus the money), since if you do it wrong, the muffler bearing might be damaged which will cause leaking blinker fluid and will void your warranty.

Last edited:
OP
thatboostedexplorer
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Ok, we get it. Three different threads on the same subject- two with the same name. But I get it, you don't want to cut anything or damage anything on your exhaust and you're willing to part with $100 to do it. So, no one will tell you the "top secret" sound enhancing secret of the ST? I will. Send me the $100 and I'll tell you the secret, but you have to promise not to tell anyone else, ok?

Let's just say you'll need about a 10" screwdriver and a good flashlight. This will allow you to locate the Helmholtz valve in each muffler via the tailpipe. Once removed, you'll hear a wonderful growl at WOT, but it will still be quiet at idle. You'll need my explicit instruction (thus the money), since if you do it wrong, the muffler bearing might be damaged which will cause leaking blinker fluid and will void your warranty.
Alright, im so sorry for not knowing all my stuff but wanting to learn. Im new at this and i dont fully understand it yet so again im sorry for trying to learn and a big thank you to TMac for all these beautiful words. Althought there is absolutly no reason for it, you just keep on doing it thread after thread prolly just because its the only enjoyment you can get since your parents never gave you any. I really thought that i could ask questions and learn in a nice community but damn i guess not. Anyway, I hope the rest of your days are as pleasant as you are.:)

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
lol. You have 6 posts (at this moment). Three of them were to open new threads 40 minutes apart on the exact same subject- you seem to be an impatient sort, so that's the first thing to learn. Not everyone is going to answer every question you post immediately. The second thing to learn is to have a sense of humor, and don't take things so personally! I didn't make it personal, I just poked fun a bit of fun at you. As far as my parents are concerned, your grammar (and spelling) doesn't quite tell me what they didn't give me, but I'm guessing the worst!

I'm still willing to share the secret of the Helmholtz valve.

OP
thatboostedexplorer
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
lol. You have 6 posts (at this moment). Three of them were to open new threads 40 minutes apart on the exact same subject- you seem to be an impatient sort, so that's the first thing to learn. Not everyone is going to answer every question you post immediately. The second thing to learn is to have a sense of humor, and don't take things so personally! I didn't make it personal, I just poked fun a bit of fun at you. As far as my parents are concerned, your grammar (and spelling) doesn't quite tell me what they didn't give me, but I'm guessing the worst!

I'm still willing to share the secret of the Helmholtz valve.
ngl that was pretty funny, i have to give it to you man

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I can beat TMac and do it for $50. All you need is a couple of clothespins and a deck of playing cards, should work just fine. Little trick I learned in my youth.