Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

“Charging system device soon”

polara

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ford explorer st
Hello forum;
I have a 2022 ford explorer ST with almost 1000 miles and the “charging system service soon” message showed up in cluster took it to ford and as at right now I haven’t heard from them, I’d call them a couple days ago to get an update but all they say it’s that ford engineers are still working with technician and they replaced a parts but issue didn’t go away and they still working on it, had anyone had this issue before and how do they fixed it? Thanks again Pedro.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Electrical systems can be fun. I had to replace battery when I had that issue on last ford. I'm sure they're having fun chasing the gremlins in your ST. They at least give you a loaner?

OP
P

polara

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #3
Hello Chamorro85, Yes they did not an ST tho but at least something decent and clean..I came a cross in a bronco forum looks like they having the same issue and the fox was a harness from the bcm, I’m not really sure if the part they change was the battery or something else, did you had that issue in your ST? Thanks for the reply.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
So my electrical issue was a bit more complex. I live in Jersey, had a rat eat through part of an engine wiring harness. Tow truck banged up the car getting it on the flat bed. Dealer/body shop had car for a month, killed the new battery and didn't program car to tell it that battery was changed and I had ongoing problems with battery drain, no starts, etc for months. Finally replaced battery, reprogrammed and never had another issue.

More complex like I said lol. Hopefully they fix it a little quicker than my issue.

OP
P

polara

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #5
I’ll keep an update once they fixed the problem, thanks.