Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Catch can

Reactions
Debating between the Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit and the JLT Oil Separator Kit 2020. From what I read the UPR is a bit over kill. Anyone have a preference?

Reactions
Debating between the Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit and the JLT Oil Separator Kit 2020. From what I read the UPR is a bit over kill. Anyone have a preference?
You are going to have a lot of different opinions. Here's a link to a previous discussion on this so you can read through. Not too sure about the Mishimoto but they also threw up a thread about their catch can recently.

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/oil-catch-cans.1126/

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Following. I remember reading about this before I actually had my st and now I’m wondering if it’s something I should actually bother with.
I did watch a video on the upr one and I’m not trying to drill holes.

when I searched the jlt website, I couldn’t find any parts for the explorer st.

I did find a j&l branded catch can.

Reactions
Following. I remember reading about this before I actually had my st and now I’m wondering if it’s something I should actually bother with.
I did watch a video on the upr one and I’m not trying to drill holes.

when I searched the jlt website, I couldn’t find any parts for the explorer st.

I did find a j&l branded catch can.
just go here, https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...-separator-kit-2020-explorer-st-free-shipping

STTerron

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I went JLT

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
do you guys leave it installed when taking it in for oil change? I would imagine it wouldn’t cause any issues. If anything it probably shows the mechanics that this owner truly cares about their car.
Still debating on whether I should get one.

Reactions
do you guys leave it installed when taking it in for oil change? I would imagine it wouldn’t cause any issues. If anything it probably shows the mechanics that this owner truly cares about their car.
Still debating on whether I should get one.
it stays installed. Oil change doesn't matter. You just check the can every so often to make sure its not full.

Reactions
I just installed the Mishimoto its definitely worth the extra money, its much nicer quality than the JLT and the fit is awesome looks stock without hoses running over the intake tubing like the JLT.

Last edited:

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
I just installed the Mishimoto its definitely work the extra money, its much nicer quality than the JLT and the fit is awesome looks stock without hoses running over the intake tubing like the JLT.
I’ve had the Mishimoto for a few months now and really like it. Easy install and high quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk