Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Carplay not working

Reactions
Anyone have a problem with Apple Carplay with the latest iOS update to 14.7.1? Mine is not even recognizing carplay at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
No problem here

KegsBdry

Reactions
Anyone have a problem with Apple Carplay with the latest iOS update to 14.7.1? Mine is not even recognizing carplay at all.

Do you have the app installed? Need more input.

OP
rckreisher
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Do you have the app installed? Need more input.
Everything worked fine until recently. Actually it has been spotty at best for quite some time. When I plug my phone in it just never opens or launches Carplay any longer. No changes on my end except keeping my iPhone up to date. Checked all the cables and they work. My son's iphone launches Carplay fine when he plus it in. Just wondered if it was iOS 14.7.1 since my phone is updated but his is not...

KegsBdry

Reactions
Sounds like you are doing what you're supposed to on your side.

When I had a similar issue, i uninstalled the carplay app, then redownloaded it. But that was on Android.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
There is no app for Carplay in iOS. It's integrated into the OS.

I have 14.7.1. Carplay works fine.

I'd try a different usb cable. I'd try the other usb port. if you haven't master reset Sync in a while, especially after multiple updates, I'd try that. Try rebooting your phone as well. Lastly, go to Cyanlabs and get Sync v. 21194. the previous two official releases had Sirius issues but also Carplay issues.

OP
rckreisher
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
There is no app for Carplay in iOS. It's integrated into the OS.

I have 14.7.1. Carplay works fine.

I'd try a different usb cable. I'd try the other usb port. if you haven't master reset Sync in a while, especially after multiple updates, I'd try that. Try rebooting your phone as well. Lastly, go to Cyanlabs and get Sync v. 21194. the previous two official releases had Sirius issues but also Carplay issues.
Thanks for the feedback. I will give them a try. As of this morning now my son's iPhone lookamlikenit will connect but never does.