Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Cargo/Trunk Liner

Reactions
I wanted to add a cargo / trunk liner to my ST once I actually have it and will mostly be keeping the third row folded down. I wanted to see those of you using the full sized cargo liner "behind the 2nd row seating" option if you thought it would be flexible enough to fold with the 3rd row seats when they are upright? Or is there a particular brand that makes a two piece liner where I could remove the one that goes on top of the 3rd row seats when the seats are in use?

Thanks,
-Russ

Reactions
I have the weathertec cargo liner. Doesn’t fold well if you fold third row seat to upright position. I never put the third row seat up so no problems. Fit is excellent.
I kept the Ford front row and second row liners. Found them a better fit than weathertec.

Reactions
Weathertech in the back as well. I never have the 3rd row up. I think Husky makes one with a split down the middle over the 3rd row seats so you can raise them individually or both together.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thanks! Good to know that they won't flex well, I'll take a look into the Husky ones.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I bought the OEM Ford Rear cargo liner with the Explorer logo. I leave my third row down probably 80% of the time so its OK but the OEM liner is a hard, slippery plastic not a softer rubber mat. It looks cheap and is kind of noisy to be honest. I prefer OEM products but something a little softer in rubber would be quiet and not allow cargo to slide around.

Reactions
Thanks! Good to know that they won't flex well, I'll take a look into the Husky ones.
I have the husky ones and seats go up no problem. I didn’t cut the center so if need be I just put up both seats at the same time. Works fine and it attaches via Velcro.

Reactions
I have both of the factory Explorer cargo liners. Yes, the larger liner is flexible, almost flimsy because of its size. I find that it slides around a bit. I tend to keep my third row upright and use the smaller liner most often.

UPSDrvr

Reactions
I bought the OEM Ford Rear cargo liner with the Explorer logo. I leave my third row down probably 80% of the time so its OK but the OEM liner is a hard, slippery plastic not a softer rubber mat. It looks cheap and is kind of noisy to be honest. I prefer OEM products but something a little softer in rubber would be quiet and not allow cargo to slide around.
I hate it too. It doesn’t fit well almost like it’s meant for the last explorer model.

Reactions
I have husky all around. Cargo liner folds nice with seats and can be separated. make sure you align it right the first time. The velcro is pretty strong and the adhesive gave way the second time i need to adjust it.

Reactions
I purchased the smartliner for the first and second rows. Weather Tec for the back with the 3rd row down. Liked the Weather Tec for the back because it was formed so you have access to the side panel storage slots