Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Cargo Cover/Shade

ezridermn

Reactions
Does anyone know if there is a cargo shade/cover for the area located behind the second row of seats in an ST? I'm not looking for a floor liner. I am looking for something that runs just below the windows in the rear of the vehicle. Most SUV's have something to cover the cargo area to hide what you place in the back of the vehicle. Check out the attached picture. The cover/shade would go over the top of the luggage and other stuff to hide it from being seen from the outside. Thanks in advance for your help. It will be much appreciated!

Capture.PNG

Reactions
There is nothing that I am aware of. You think they would have thought of something, especially since so many people have "sticky fingers" nowadays.

OHST

Reactions
I've looked and wasn't able to find anything either.

kartman

Reactions
Anyone find something yet?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I just hang the net thing flat across the top hooks. I think that’s what they had in mind for a cover.

Reactions
Believe it or not, I'm a potential buyer who found this thread via Google and registered just to chime in on it. Lack of any cargo shade/cover option seems like a glaring omission from the vehicle design, which otherwise offers a lot to like. I hope Ford or a 3rd party comes up with something.

Reactions
Yeah, that would have been an essential addition but unfortunately there are none.

Reactions
I just hang the net thing flat across the top hooks. I think that’s what they had in mind for a cover.
Does the net arranged this way cover most of the cargo area with 3rd row folded? Such that perhaps a blanket on top of it would mostly obsure cargo?

Reactions
Yeah, that would have been an essential addition but unfortunately there are none.
One weird/annoying thing is that a cargo cover option does show up in the configurator for the Aviator. So not like they didn't think it through for the general platform. Would I buy an Aviator because of this? Nope!:LOL:

Reactions
One weird/annoying thing is that a cargo cover option does show up in the configurator for the Aviator. So not like they didn't think it through for the general platform. Would I buy an Aviator because of this? Nope!:LOL:
Ha ha

Reactions
I have mine from my old '14 Sport and it works just fine. Not perfect at the back, but the front fits over the headrests and the sides snap in to the window trim without any issue. Got it on eBay a while back for around $50 if I recall.

https://accessories.ford.com/cargo-security-shade-black.html

Reactions
Reactions
Anything new on this? I noticed a cargo shade is actually described and pictured in the 2021 owner's manual, page 281. Looks like it would only cover the area behind 3rd row, but would be better than nothing. Maybe the one available for the Aviator would fit?

STPEDRO

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Hi,
For those that are still looking for a solution to the cargo cover. I purchased part number BB5Z-7845440-AA. Is the cover for a 2018 explorer. It works well but you have to make some modifications on the corners by the trunk so it can be attached to the side. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

96cobra

Reactions
Vehicle
1996 mustang cobra 2022 st
Picked up our 2022 st on Monday didn’t have ac controls as expected but also didn’t have a cargo net. Our base model Edge se had one. Guess I should have kept that one. Is there a Ford part number for a net?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
My older five passenger Explorers have a full length pull shade to cover all behind the second row seats. Since Ford changed to make all Explorers six or seven seat models they have not offered that option. The later model Aviators have offered a short pull shade behind the third row but Explorer has not. Most do not know though that there is a similar option for late model Explorers. The cargo net that comes with the Cargo Area Management option is opaque material on one side. There are extra hooks in the vehicle to hang the cargo net horizontal. This effectively hides all behind the third row. It does not look like the Ford aftermarket one is like this.

BTW, now that I have mentioned cargo nets, I find floor nets like this to be more useful.

https://www.amazon.com/Floor-Style-Trunk-Cargo-Explorer/dp/B08KYBCY34