Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Carbonized Grey touchup paint source

Reactions
Been trying to get www.paintscratch.com to update the 2021 Explorer grey to the Carbonized. They had the 2020 Magnetic Metallic listed as appropriate for 2021.

They finally emailed me that they got it corrected and they can now mix the correct paint.

MUCH better paints than what the dealer touchup paint is. They mix PPG paints.

Just thought I would throw a heads up out there.

Only other place I would get touchup from is Dr. Colorchip, but paintscratch.com is half the price.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Dealer touch up paint is just Dupli-Color in a a Ford box.

Reactions
I got some touch up paint from automotivetouchup.com since the dealer didn't have it and wasn't sure when they would get it at the time. I wasn't sure how it would be since I had never ordered from them, but for the $20 total I was willing to see. The color is a perfect match and I got a bottle of clear as well for way less than I'm sure just the paint is from the dealer. The confirmation email stated that they mix the paint for each order, but even with that I think it took about a week to arrive.

Reactions
I use Touch Up Direct. They have several options based on the type of application. http://touchupdirect.com/. They probably are not the cheapest but their colors do match, in my experience.
I just received some Rapid Red for my 2020 ST.