Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Captain chairs rattle

Reactions
Any else have issues with the 2nd row captains chains making an annoying rattling sound when hitting bumps in the road? The chairs wobble a lot but they are definitely attached to the floor correctly.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I've never heard any noise from mine. Sounds like some thing is wrong for sure.

gjlisiak

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Mine don't make noise (yet?), but I can see them vibrating vigorously in the rearview mirror.

Reactions
Mine don't make noise (yet?), but I can see them vibrating vigorously in the rearview mirror.
Same here. Honestly bothers me a lot. Looks like they’re having a seizure. Are they all like this ?

Reactions
Mine have been vibration since day 1. Only bothers me when I look at them in the rearview mirror.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Turns out it was the plastic cover that hides bolts that hold the chairs to the floor. I just removed them.

Reactions
Any solution to the vibrating seats? I'm alomost tempted to adding bench seats in the back.

rll2

Reactions
My right rear (second row) seat rattles
At first we thought it was the car seat
But no, it’s the actual seat
No rattling with the kids in the backseats

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
I took it too the dealer and they replaced the seat actuator under warrenty. The rattle has gone completely.