Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Cannot access Ford Sync Voice commands while Android Auto Enabled

domanows

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Has anyone come across a solution for accessing Sync3 voice assistant while Android Auto is enable?
It is super annoying that I cannot change Artists or Genres from USB media while Android Auto is engaged.
The primary reason is Ford has chosen that in the U.S. drivers are not allowed to interact with the touch screen to change USB music. It can only be done via voice.
The challenge with this is that when pressing the voice assist button on the steering wheel while Android Auto is enabled, the Android assistant starts up, not the Ford Sync voice assistant.

In order to make the Ford Sync assistant available, I have to exit Android Auto. Has anyone found a way around this?
Ideally I want to use Forscan to disable this nanny feature, but as of yet I have not found a way to do it on the 2023 Explorer.