Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Can you disable FENG with a tune (ZFG, PBD, etc)

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Wondering if you can use a tune from ZFG or PBD to get rid of the FENG.

Buying a new laptop (I have a Mac), OBD plug, FORSCAN program etc. doesn’t seem to be realistic.

I’ve read that these tunes can do things like eliminate auto start/stop, double honk, shift points, etc so I was curious if they could take off the dreaded FENG. It’s really annoying in Sport mode in particular.

Reactions
FENG can be eliminated with ForeScan.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
FENG can be eliminated with ForeScan.
I think what he is saying is he doesn't want a Forscan setup just to eliminate FENG if he can do it through a tune.

OP
BLucas86
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
I think what he is saying is he doesn't want a Forscan setup just to eliminate FENG if he can do it through a tune.
Correct! That is the question! Maybe @ZFGracing can chime in.

If not - is it possible to run Forscan on a MacBook?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Is your MacBook intel based? If so, just use bootcamp and install windows. it doesn't even need to be registered.

Reactions
Correct! That is the question! Maybe @ZFGracing can chime in.

If not - is it possible to run Forscan on a MacBook?
I ran ForScan on my MacBook; you just need to run Windows using Bootcamp. It worked okay but I since got a laptop PC for a few different programs that require Windows.

OP
BLucas86
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
I ran ForScan on my MacBook; you just need to run Windows using Bootcamp. It worked okay but I since got a laptop PC for a few different programs that require Windows.
I’m sorry - never heard of this before. So is Bootcamp an app then? Or software I can download?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I’m sorry - never heard of this before. So is Bootcamp an app then? Or software I can download?
It is a built-in feature of Mac OS. However, not for the current crop of Macs that use APPLE's own CPU. Just google Bootcamp and how to download a copy of Windows from Microsoft. Everything is perfectly legal.

meridock

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
if you don't want to play with your boot block on the MAC....
download VirtualBox 7.5 from Oracle and you can create a virtual windows install. (Download and setup the Mac side. create a virtual machine (windows,) and load app. Then run the App from the virtual machine)

OP
BLucas86
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #12
if you don't want to play with your boot block on the MAC....
download VirtualBox 7.5 from Oracle and you can create a virtual windows install. (Download and setup the Mac side. create a virtual machine (windows,) and load app. Then run the App from the virtual machine)
Will try this. Sounds confusing as heck, but lets give it a whirl!

HFH1924

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Is there someone in Central Illinois that has luck with Forscan to do the delete of Feng and other options that can be changed?
I would travel with in reason for help and install for the changes. Would be willing to compensate. My dealer says changes can not be made. Could be their not wanting to take the time or unknowledgeable .I have followed the posts that have had the success on the application changes and look like there has been some success. I am not real savvy on the computer. So I would travel some.

OP
BLucas86
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #14
Is there someone in Central Illinois that has luck with Forscan to do the delete of Feng and other options that can be changed?
I would travel with in reason for help and install for the changes. Would be willing to compensate. My dealer says changes can not be made. Could be their not wanting to take the time or unknowledgeable .I have followed the posts that have had the success on the application changes and look like there has been some success. I am not real savvy on the computer. So I would travel some.
As a matter of fact if there are any members in the South Florida area, I would be definitely interested in some help as well! I never could quite figure out the other ways to do it without having windows.