Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Can someone educate me?

TiredMarine

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Hi,
I am new to the forum and just purchased a 2020 ST. I live in Colorado where 91 is the highest available at the pump, so I am looking into E30 or E50 tunes. Now from what I understand, those tunes are referencing a specific ethanol percentage, and I am assuming the standard blend is with 93 & E85. So if someone was looking to get similar performance to those tunes with a 91/E85 blend, would the mixtures need to have a higher content of E85? Hopefully that makes sense, but basically are we looking for a specific ethanol content or an octane rating?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Get the E85 Mix app on your phone…it’ll tell you exactly how to blend.

V8bait

Reactions
An E50 blend with 91 vs 93 is an insignificant difference in octane. Your struggle in Colorado will be with ethanol concentration variability from pump to pump with seasonal changes but it shouldn't amount to anything significant.

OP
T

TiredMarine

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
An E50 blend with 91 vs 93 is an insignificant difference in octane. Your struggle in Colorado will be with ethanol concentration variability from pump to pump with seasonal changes but it shouldn't amount to anything significant.
Thanks for the info, that answered my question.