Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

California cats

Reactions
Anyone else interested in carb certified cats? I've already had full exhaust system failure and factory parts are a few moths on back order. I'm talking to a California based company to prototype turbo back exhaust to enhance performance and remedy crap quality factory parts. I could used whatever constructive criticism.

Mahalo,
Kenny

Attachments

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
OP
Swiftydrinky
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks! The warning for those are me think my car might get crushed by the dmv for considering it.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
First of all, you cannot under any circumstances remove functioning emissions devices in California. If you're thinking about a business model, do you have any idea what it would take to get a CARB EO# for a replacement catalytic converter? I doubt it's even possible. There are already at least six aftermarket exhausts available for the Explorer 3.0s, covering various points in the market from sound to performance (sort of). So, giving you the "constructive criticism" you asked for- don't waste another second on this idea.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Agreed. Cali isn’t the place to try to reinvent the wheel.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I most fond memory about California...Was leaving

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I most fond memory about California...Was leaving
I absolutely loved living in SoCal. I miss my house 3 blocks from the beach in Hermosa, spending almost every Sunday on Mulholland with my Pro Touring truck, morning runs to Big Bear, car meets 7 days a week, taking PCH up to Monterrey for long weekends, diving off Catalina, food trucks…I loved every minute.
I don’t miss the taxes and high prices though.

Reactions
I failed a smog test because my CARB legal short ram intake on my 2005 VW GTI, which had the CARB number attached, was incorrect. It was correct until the company changed it by 1 number, and I failed smog and had to wait for the new number to come in so I could update the CARB number plate. California...

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I absolutely loved living in SoCal. I miss my house 3 blocks from the beach in Hermosa, spending almost every Sunday on Mulholland with my Pro Touring truck, morning runs to Big Bear, car meets 7 days a week, taking PCH up to Monterrey for long weekends, diving off Catalina, food trucks…I loved every minute.
lol you dont like $7 a gallon for gas? our Bullet train that we have a gas tax 3 times on us and still no train. just a blank check for the government to rip us off. Ops my bad I get fired up about this stuff in my old age. prob because i am paying for all this now,lol
cant beat the weather here and thats what we pay for.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
lol you dont like $7 a gallon for gas? our Bullet train that we have a gas tax 3 times on us and still no train. just a blank check for the government to rip us off. Ops my bad I get fired up about this stuff in my old age. prob because i am paying for all this now,lol
cant beat the weather here and thats what we pay for.
Gas was closer to $5 back when I lived there…moved back to Texas in mid-2014. It was my rent I didn’t like…$5800 a month but my house had a nice view of Catalina and Malibu which didn’t suck.

OP
Swiftydrinky
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
I'm pissed. Going to take CARB to small claims. Spd will not sell to or ship anything to California. No one can do anything to remedy the situation without breaking the law

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm pissed. Going to take CARB to small claims. Spd will not sell to or ship anything to California. No one can do anything to remedy the situation without breaking the law
Do like everyone else in Cali and have the shipped to a friend the on to you as a personal item.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Gas was closer to $5 back when I lived there…moved back to Texas in mid-2014. It was my rent I didn’t like…$5800 a month but my house had a nice view of Catalina and Malibu which didn’t suck.
$5800 damn but you lived in the best weather the US has to offer.

TriSum

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Unfortunately, most of what you / we enjoyed back then is not here anymore. Mulholland is too crowded and police are everywhere, your morning run to Big Bear would have to be about 0300 to stay out of traffic, car meets are now considered loitering and pretty much not allowed and your drive up PCH to Monterey- it'll now take you all weekend. Catalina is still awesome and food trucks are everywhere... Cali SUCKS!

TriSum

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I'm in the OC and have a house in Scottsdale if you need any help.

OP
Swiftydrinky
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
Update. Ford in San Diego got around to replacing the front engine cover to solve oil leak as well as the catalytic converter assemblies that were cracked. Had a good experience w/ catback magnaflow exhaust. Mid pipes ID was too small for stock cat pipe. Had the stretched Hansen's in Spring Valley. The drone noise at low rpm highway driving is damaging noise levels. Any suggestions? Looking at FENG threads on here now.