Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Buying the ST. Is it worth it right now?

Ketup314

Reactions
Hello I am new to ford, but I am in the market for an SUV with power and the st explorer caught my eye. But I see slot of issues on the forums. I am just wondering is it Worth buying? Thanks in advance

Jules

Reactions
I've had quite a lot of problems, in shop for 28 days and still need to get repairs done. It's STILL worth it!! I love driving my Explorer!
Dealership let’s me drive an Explorer or Edge ST when I have a loaner. I can handle that.

Last edited:
Reactions
Every first model year is going to have some minor issues but don't let that keep you from buying. Honestly this is one the most fun SUVs I've owned.

lacartus

Reactions
If you can wait, you’ll likely get one cheaper and with less chance of issues. That said, my wife and I liked it so much on a test drive, we threw good sense out of mind and have had a couple thousand issue free miles of smiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Ketup314

Ketup314

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Thank you all for the help. I really appreciate it!

Reactions
I've had quite a lot of problems, in shop for 28 days and still need to get repairs done. It's STILL worth it!! I love driving my Explorer!
Dealership let’s me drive an Explorer or Edge ST when I have a loaner. I can handle that.
Hi @Jules what kind of issues have you experienced? 3 weeks in, and I am starting to hear some noises in the front suspension, like "lose" I'm not sure how to explain it... it is not too bad, but it was not like that when we got it, it was pretty firm/stiff/smooth...

Reactions
Hi @Jules what kind of issues have you experienced? 3 weeks in, and I am starting to hear some noises in the front suspension, like "lose" I'm not sure how to explain it... it is not too bad, but it was not like that when we got it, it was pretty firm/stiff/smooth...
Same for me. I’ve now had it 7 weeks and just starting hearing a noise in front. Not a rattle but more of a clunking noise

Reactions
Same for me. I’ve now had it 7 weeks and just starting hearing a noise in front. Not a rattle but more of a clunking noise
Keep us updated on the prognosis

Reactions
@wilkinda65 exactly, even going at very slow speeds going over speed bumps or trying to slowly get into a driveway... it is more noticeable when turning and getting into a driveway at the same time.

Reactions
Hello I am new to ford, but I am in the market for an SUV with power and the st explorer caught my eye. But I see slot of issues on the forums. I am just wondering is it Worth buying? Thanks in advance
Mine has slight rattle noise in the rear but its very minor and doesn't happen all the time. Still glad I made the purchase and enjoy driving it every day.

SNH1520

Reactions
I have had my ST for 5 weeks and it’s been in the shop 2 of the 5 weeks I have owned it for a rattle noise coming from the front. They have yet to figure out what it is

Reactions
I have had my ST for 5 weeks and it’s been in the shop 2 of the 5 weeks I have owned it for a rattle noise coming from the front. They have yet to figure out what it is
Keep us posted.