Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Bronco or ST..?

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I’m currently 8 months into order and wait for my 2 door Sasquatch bronco. Back in August I ordered a Maverick on a whim, since ford can’t tell me anything about my Bronco order (I need to take advantage of the huge profit I was making on selling my Q50). Turns out the Maverick order was confirmed, with vin and build date the very next day.. Took delivery of the Maverick 3 weeks ago.
found out about Chapman Ford doing 4% under invoice for new orders. So I ordered a 22 ST in carb Gray, AWD, street package from them.
So now I’m driving a Lariat Maverick. I still have no VIN or Production date for the Bronco. And the dealers eta response for the ST is “could be 6 months”.
Obviously I’m not planning to keep all 3. The maverick was really ordered as a place filler. I didn’t realize it was going to be built and delivered so quickly. Since the Bronco may not come till 2023, I’m wondering if the ST will arrive before the bronco.
Here’s to hoping the market will be in my favor when these 2 get to me. Because I will be flipping the one I’m less in love with

My questions to the group.
How long do you think it will take to get a VIN/deliver the ST?

If you had both on order, which one would you take (I realize there may be some ST bias).

26202738-FF79-444B-B96D-55E4CD0C15C1.jpeg A778DB64-5F7B-4CBB-A98A-D6DE3FBC3866.jpeg
7B5EED7F-8DB7-4445-AF91-627BDC7C614D.jpeg
7E1A1AE2-6518-4CB8-934C-571AC89E7918.jpeg
9FC8546F-55A8-496C-87DD-DABF5843DD01.jpeg

stuyacht

Reactions
I’m in a similar spot. I was all in on an ST abut have recently fell in love with the broncos. I’ve had a bronco on order for a couple months now. Between the two, it’s a hard choice but it really comes down to what you want. Want performance, sporty look and more of a high end SUV feel? The ST is your go to. Want more of a rugged (yet badass) look and the ability to explore some trails? Bronco it is. I currently lean toward bronco but to be honest, I would probably have a ST on order if it had Sync 4.

As for order time, a friend ordered an ST at a large dealership early November and just got their build date and vin on Thursday.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I’m in a similar spot. I was all in on an ST abut have recently fell in love with the broncos. I’ve had a bronco on order for a couple months now. Between the two, it’s a hard choice but it really comes down to what you want. Want performance, sporty look and more of a high end SUV feel? The ST is your go to. Want more of a rugged (yet badass) look and the ability to explore some trails? Bronco it is. I currently lean toward bronco but to be honest, I would probably have a ST on order if it had Sync 4.

As for order time, a friend ordered an ST at a large dealership early November and just got their build date and vin on Thursday.
I’m a car guy and former tech. So I can get down with anything cool that has potential. It drives my wife crazy. There’s at least one thing from every manufacturer over the years that I would jump on. Including classics.
The ST may be a little more practical. The Bronco scratches an itch that I have yet to satisfy. Im all about performance. The Bronco ordered is a base Sasquatch. Which is super basic other than the 2.7 and Sasquatch. The ST being a higher trim level definitely has more creature comforts. The older I get, the more I choose refinement over maximizing performance. I’ve built a bunch of my cars. Don’t really have that time or interest anymore.
I guess at this point it’s either simple, or plush. But it all comes down to when these damn things will be built/delivered
‍♂️

stuyacht

Reactions
I’m a car guy and former tech. So I can get down with anything cool that has potential. It drives my wife crazy. There’s at least one thing from every manufacturer over the years that I would jump on. Including classics.
The ST may be a little more practical. The Bronco scratches an itch that I have yet to satisfy. Im all about performance. The Bronco ordered is a base Sasquatch. Which is super basic other than the 2.7 and Sasquatch. The ST being a higher trim level definitely has more creature comforts. The older I get, the more I choose refinement over maximizing performance. I’ve built a bunch of my cars. Don’t really have that time or interest anymore.
I guess at this point it’s either simple, or plush. But it all comes down to when these damn things will be built/delivered
‍♂️
Yeah the tech is what gets me. The bronco I ordered is a 2.7 outerbanks with the lux package. The only thing I feel like we’re missing is the lane centering the ST has (was so cool on a test drive). But the bronco for us is something exciting and different and we aren’t really in a place we need to make the most practical purchases

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Yeah the tech is what gets me. The bronco I ordered is a 2.7 outerbanks with the lux package. The only thing I feel like we’re missing is the lane centering the ST has (was so cool on a test drive). But the bronco for us is something exciting and different and we aren’t really in a place we need to make the most practical purchases
Yup. The plan of keeping it simple and cheap with the bronco may have been ruined with the lariat maverick. While cheaply made, the lariat has a decent amount of tech features.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Well, the ST has an official production date and VIN. So it looks like the ST will be coming first.