Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Broken PCV Valve - Oil Leak

Reactions
New here, hello everybody! Just bought a new 2020 ST for my wife on 12-30. Third day in the garage and I noticed an oil puddle after she left for work. Took it to the dealer, after three days of them not being able to locate the issue, they determined the PCV valve was cracked and had caused oil to spray all over the engine bay. PCV was replaced and when my wife arrived home she noticed smoke coming from the hood area. Went right back to the dealer and after having the car another 5 days they determined that the underhood insulation had become saturated with oil from the broken PCV and was dripping onto the hot parts of the motor. We have had the car for three weeks and it has been in the dealer for 8 days so far, and they keep putting us in a basic Escape! Really worried this might be just like the Taurus SHO I had 9 years ago. TSB after TSB.... I know better than to buy the first year of a new car......smh